Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ is now also available as an Xbox Edition. Probably the biggest difference to the regular model is a special Xbox mode that is supposed to improve the picture quality when playing with an Xbox. Apart from that, the HDMI 2.1 gaming monitor offers solid features, including a 43-inch VA panel with a frame rate of 144 Hz.
Microsoft is apparently keen to offer customers a wider selection of “Designed for Xbox” certified gaming monitors that are designed to offer the best possible gaming experience with an Xbox Series X. And Asus is now also offering one of its best HDMI screens as an Xbox Edition.
The DCI-P3 color space can be represented to 90 percent, the typical brightness is specified with 750 nits, the peak brightness when playing HDR content is 1,000 nits – enough for the VESA DisplayHDR 1000 certification. An Xbox Series X can be connected via HDMI 2.1 to play games in 4K resolution with a maximum of 120 fps, PCs can use the full 144 Hz via DisplayPort 1.4. In any case, AMD FreeSync Premium Pro and HDMI VRR should reduce tearing.
Compared to most televisions, the monitor HDMI 2.1 screen should above all offer a significantly faster response time. Asus installs 2 x 10-watt stereo speakers, a total of four HDMI ports, a headphone jack, and a USB hub with two ports. Asus includes a remote control for operating the on-screen menu.
Price and availability
Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ Xbox Edition HDMI 2.1 gaming monitor has been priced at $1,299 and is now listed on the Amazon.com website.
Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ Specifications
- Display: 43-inch Non-Glare VA panel
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Color Space (DCI-P3): 90%
- True Resolution: 3840×2160
- Display Viewing Area (HxV): 941.184 x 529.416 mm
- Pixel Pitch: 0.2451mm
- Brightness: 750cd/㎡ (Typ.) / 1,000 cd/㎡ (HDR, Peak)
- Contrast Ratio: 4000:1
- Contrast Ratio (HDR, Max): 1,000,000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°/ 178°
- Response Time: 1ms MPRT
- Display Colors: 1073.7M (10 bit)
- Refresh Rate (max): 144Hz
- Features: Flicker free, HDR10, Trace Free Technology, Color Accuracy △E< 2, GamePlus, Low Blue Light, HDCP Support, Game Visual, VRR Technology, FreeSync Premium Pro, HDR Mode, Shadow Boost, Display Widget, Aura Sync, Kensington Lock
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.4 DSC x 1, HDMI (v2.0) x 2, HDMI (v2.1) x 2, Earphone jack, USB 3.0 x 3
- Audio: 10W x2 Speakers
- Stand: Tilt (+10° ~ -5°)
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- Dimensions: 974.58 x 631.31 x 301.5 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 15.3 Kg (with stand)
Apart from this Xbox Edition, Asus has also made available the ROG Strix XG279Q-G Gundam Edition – one of the most interesting 2K gaming monitors on the market, not only for Gundam game fans but also for gamers.