The Asus ROG Strix XG27UQR is the new best 144Hz monitor for gaming when coming to its features and pricing. A new 144Hz 4K monitor features an IPS panel, 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels), a maximum 144 Hz refresh rate, and DisplayHDR-400 certification.
The new Asus 144Hz monitor has 1000: 1 contrast ratio, up to 400 cd/m² brightness (max.), and 8-bit color depth are also offered. In terms of response time, the manufacturer only mentions MPRT (“Moving Picture Response Time”) of 1 ms, which refers to the existing mode against moving image blurring and does not say anything about the gray change.
As an anti-tearing technology, it is G-Sync compatible and on top of that, the datasheet mentions 90 percent DCI-P3 and a Delta-E value of less than 2. Except for pivot, all common mechanical adjustment options are represented, namely rotation, inclination, and height adjustment. A VESA recording (100 x 100 mm), blue light filtering, and flicker-free background lighting do not have to be dispensed with.
Aura Sync light elements are also embedded on the back of the 27-inch 144 hertz monitor. On the connection side, there are two HDMI 2.0 inputs, two DisplayPorts 1.4 with DSC (“Display Stream Compression”), a USB 3.0 hub, and a headphone output. It weighs 4.4 kg without the stand and measures 633.64 x 381.11 x 94.33 mm (W x H x D).
Price and availability
Asus ROG Strix XG27UQR has been priced at $799, which is makes it one of the best 144Hz monitor models for gaming available in the market today. The Asus 144Hz gaming monitor is already listed on Amazon.com without any availability details.
Asus ROG Strix XG27UQR Specifications
- Display: 27-inch Non-Glare IPS LED panel
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Color Space (DCI-P3): 90%
- True Resolution: 3840×2160
- Display Viewing Area (HxV): 596.16 x 335.34 mm
- Pixel Pitch: 0.155mm
- Brightness: 400cd/㎡ (Max)/(HDR, Peak), 350cd/㎡ (Typ.),
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°/ 178°
- Response Time: 1ms MPRT
- Refresh Rate (max): 144Hz
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Features: Flicker free, HDR10, Trace Free Technology, Color Accuracy △E≦ 2, GamePlus, Low Blue Light, HDCP 2.2, Game Visual, G-SYNC Compatible, HDR Mode, Shadow Boost, Display Widget, Aura Sync, Kensington Lock
- Ports: HDMI (v2.0) x 2, DisplayPort, Earphone jack, USB 3.0 x 2
- Stand: Tilt (+20° ~ -5°), Swivel (+25° ~ -25°), Height (0~100mm)
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- Dimensions: 633.64 x (422.36~522.36) x 254.5 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 8.0 Kg (with stand)
Recently, Asus has expanded its range of best ultrawide gaming monitor models with the ROG Strix XG349C featuring a 34-inch UWQHD 3440 x 1440 21: 9 widescreen curved display; Asus ROG Strix XG43UQ Xbox Edition with a special Xbox mode that is supposed to improve the picture quality when playing with an Xbox; and Asus ROG Strix XG279Q-G Gundam Edition is one of the most interesting 2K gaming monitor on the market, not only for Gundam game fans but also for gamers.