With the ROG Strix XG16, Asus has introduced a new best portable monitor for gaming that can be used to play games with a frame rate of 144 Hz on the go. The 144Hz gaming monitor is equipped with a 15.6-inch IPS panel, USB-C, HDMI, and a stylish kickstand.
Mobile monitors are becoming more and more popular, but most products are trimmed for productivity. With the ROG Strix XG16AHPE, Asus is finally offering a portable gaming monitor, especially for gamers. The centerpiece is a 15.6-inch, 144 Hz fast IPS panel with a resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 pixels so that you can add an extremely fast display to your gaming laptop or your ROG Phone devices when you are out and about.
The connection is made via one of two USB-C ports so that you can get by with only one cable, but a micro-HDMI connection is also available on request. The kickstand is particularly exciting, as it not only looks chic, it also allows the 144 Hz gaming monitor to be set up in both portrait and landscape formats at different angles, as long as there is a flat surface such as a tabletop. Together with the “Cybertext” engraving under the base, the screen looks quite futuristic.
Price and availability
Asus ROG Strix XG16 Specifications
- Display: 15.6-inch Non-Glare IPS panel
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Color Space (sRGB): 100%
- Resolution: 1920×1080
- Display Viewing Area (HxV): 344.16 x 193.59 mm
- Pixel Pitch: 0.179mm
- Brightness (Typ.): 300cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio: 800:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°/ 178°
- Response Time: 3ms(GTG)
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Refresh Rate (max): 144Hz
- Features: Flicker-free, Trace Free Technology, GamePlus, Low Blue Light, HDCP Support, Game Visual, FreeSync™ & NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible, Shadow Boost, Display Widget
- Ports: Micro HDMI x 1, Earphone jack, USB-C x 2, USB 3.0 (Signal) x2
- Audio: 1Wx2 Speakers
- Battery Life: 3 HRS
- Mechanical Design: Tripod Socket
- Dimensions: 360.52×225.52×11.8mm
- Weight: 0.9 kg
Apart from this best portable monitor from Asus, recently the company has also released a new 165Hz Gaming Monitor called TUF Gaming VG247Q1A, which measures 23.8 inches diagonally and has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels (Full HD). Asus TUF monitor VG247Q1A has a VA panel that achieves 8-bit color depth, a 3500: 1 contrast ratio, typical brightness of 350 cd/m², and a refresh rate of up to 165 Hz (or up to 120 Hz on modern consoles).