Asus adds new Rapture GT-AX11000 gaming router to its catalog, a new high-performance gaming Wi-Fi router that we had already enjoyed at the last Computex in Taipei. It is a top-of-the-range product, the first Taiwanese company to support the 802.11ax (or WiFi 6) standard and equipped with a series of technologies that optimize performance and signal coverage.
Asus Rapture GT-AX11000 is a Tri-band 802.11ax WiFi router capable of wireless speeds up to 11,000 Mbps, or 2.53 times faster than 802.11ac 4×4 routers. Tri-band networking lets you dedicate one 5GHz band to gaming only, so you can avoid competing for bandwidth with other devices on your home network. With dynamic frequency selection (DFS), GT-AX11000 also unlocks 15 channels in the least-congested 5GHz bands, providing more bandwidth for all of your wireless devices.
Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 comes equipped with a 1.8 GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM and a 256MB flash memory, it boasts up to 8 antennas and is the first to use the ASUS Aura RGB proprietary backlight system (customizable).
Among the most interesting features, we report that the ROG wifi router also comes with Game First V network acceleration software ensure a smoother online game with lower ping and less lag. GT-AX11000 provides triple-level game acceleration to boost game traffic every step of the way. The Game Radar lets you check ping times to different servers before you play, and Open NAT simplifies port forwarding.
Asus ROG Rapture GT-AX11000 Features
- Next-Gen WiFi Standard – 802.11ax WiFi standard for better efficiency, throughput, and range.
- Ultrafast WiFi Speed – 11000Mbps WiFi speed to handle even the busiest network with ease.
- Triple-level Game Acceleration – Accelerate game traffic every step of the way – from device to game server.
- Battle-ready-hardware – 1.8GHz quad-core CPU and 2.5GBase -T port for ultimate performance.
- Front-line Network Security – Neutralize internet threats before they hit your network.
As for connectivity, the new ASUS router offers a 2.5G Ethernet port, 4 Gigabit LAN and two USB 3.1 gen 1 ports. Finally, there is the ASUS AiMesh technology and the Ai Protection PRO security service (offered by TrendMicro). Asus Rapture GT-AX11000 can already be purchased at £568.69 on Amazon.co.uk.