Astell & Kern has released a new portable high-res audio player – PMP called Kann, priced at $999. New Astell & Kern Kann has a very modern design with a thickness of 25.6mm and weighs 278.7 grams. This new portable high-res audio media player designed to offer dynamic power and performance.
New Astell&Kern Kann comes integrated with a 6,000mAh battery that claimed to provide up to 14 hours of music playback time which is almost double compared to other A&K’s amp. For charging as well as data transfer, the Kann has switched to a USB-C port to follow the latest trend and compete with other devices.
A&K Kann is also equipped with high-quality DAC and Amp to enhance the listening experience to a whole new level, delivering better sound quality than most current smartphones and that is the main factor for consumers. As we all know that Astell & Kern is a maker of high-res audio players at a very high price.
The Kann also supports 2.5mm balanced & 3.5mm single-ended audio jacks, a microSD card slot up to 256GB, a full sized SD card up to 512GB and a battery capacity of up to 6,000mAh, that’s why it’s slightly thicker than other music players, but in return, the battery life will be significantly increased, up to 14 hours, which is enough for you to enjoy your favorite music during a long flight or long outing.
Astell & Kern Kann Specifications:
- TFT LCD Display of 4.0 inches with Touch
- Resolution of 800 x 480 pixels
- DAC: Single AKM AK4490
- Native DSD playback up to DSD256 (11.2mHz)
- PCM audio playback up to 32bit / 382kHz
- Built-in amp with two Nomal and High modes
- Single-ended 3.5mm: 0.65Ω
- Balanced out 2.5mm: 1.3Ω
- USB-C port for charging and data transfer
- MicroUSB port port for Audio Out or USB DAC connection
- 64GB internal flash memory
- Micro SD card support up to 256GB
- Full size SD card support up to 512GB
- aptX HD Bluetooth codec support
- Battery: 6.200mAh 3.7V Li-Polymer
- Battery life: Up to 14 hours