With the PG34WQ15R2B, ASRock has introduced the first gaming monitor with an integrated Wi-Fi antenna. The 1440p 165Hz monitor is ultra-wide, curved, and thanks to a particularly high response time, should also be suitable for fast shooters.
With the ASRock PG34WQ15R2B WiFi monitor, the manufacturer specifies the integrated WiFi antenna as a special unique selling point. Only a WiFi antenna and not a Wi-Fi module are installed, so the PC itself must be equipped with a corresponding card. ASRock states that there should be an antenna gain of up to seven dBi – common antennas on PCs should offer an antenna gain of up to three dBi. Now the signal will likely be shielded significantly less because the antenna is no longer placed under the table.
With this feature and the price it has to offer, it can be the best curved gaming monitor out there. ASRock monitor has a 34-inch QHD (3,840 x 1,440 pixels) resolution, and curvature radius is 1500R. The refresh rate is specified as 165 Hz, and the MPRT response time is 1 ms.
2K monitor has 91 percent of the DCI-P3 color space and 115 percent of the sRGB space. Typical brightness is provided by ASRock with 550 cd/m and also meets the VESA DisplayHDR 400 standard. AMD FreeSync Premium is said to offer a smooth gaming experience by synchronizing the image output of the graphics card with the display.
Two loudspeakers with an output of two watts each are installed. The Phantom gaming model receives image signals via DisplayPort 1.4 and HDMI 2.0, and a 3.5 mm jack socket allows headphones to be connected. It can be rotated, tilted, and adjusted in height. A USB hub is not part of the equipment.
Price and availability
The ASRock Phantom Gaming PG34WQ15R2B 1440p 165Hz monitor is now listed on Newegg.com online e-shop at $429.99.
ASRock PG34WQ15R2B specifications
- Display: 34-inch VA panel, Anti-Glare
- Curvature: 1500R
- Aspect Ratio: 21:9
- Viewing Area: 797.22 x 333.72mm (H x V)
- Pixel Pitch: 0.23175 (mm)
- Color Space: 91% DCI-P3 / sRGB 115%
- Resolution: 3440 x 1440 (WQHD)
- Refresh Rate: 165Hz (Max.)
- Brightness: 550 cd/m² (Typ.)
- Contrast Ratio: 3000 :1 (Typ.)
- Viewing Angle: 178°(H) / 178°(V)
- Display Colors: 16.7M
- Response Time: 1ms MPRT
- Features: AMD FreeSync Premium, VESA DisplayHDR 400, Flicker-free, Integrated Wi-Fi Antenna (7dBi)
- Audio: 2W x2 speakers
- Ports: 1 x DisplayPort 1.4, 2 x HDMI 2.0, 1 x Earphone Jack(3.5 mm)
- Stand: Tilt (+20° ~ -7°), Swivel (+20° ~ -20°), Height adj. (100 mm)
- VESA Mount: 100 x 100 mm
- Dimensions: 809.34 x 574.46 x 283.10mm (with stand)
- Weight: 8.8kg (with stand)
Recently, LG also announced the 34WQ60C-B 34 inch curved monitor, built on a curved VA panel. The new LG curved monitor supports the reproduction of 1.07 billion colors, and coverage of the sRGB color space reaches 99%. It cost $499.99.