With the U28G2XU, AOC has announced a new 28 inch monitor with a 4K resolution and a 144 Hz panel. The new AOC 144Hz monitor also supports FreeSync Premium and G-Sync technology.
The U28G2XU from the manufacturer AOC is a very uncompromising 4K 144Hz monitor for video gamers, whereby it combines a high resolution with a very high refresh rate and thus does not force gamers to compromise. However, the player must offer enough power reserves to simultaneously display a high resolution with a high refresh rate.
A console such as the PlayStation 5 can also be connected. The AOC U28G2XU measures 28 inches diagonally and has a resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels. The maximum refresh rate is 144 Hz. The manufacturer puts the 1ms response time (gray-to-gray). The DCI-P3 color space should be covered to 98.8 percent by the IPS panel, the brightness is 370 cd/m². The model is certified according to DisplayHDR 400. Both AMD FreeSync Premium and G-Sync from Nvidia are supported.
The AOC 144Hz monitor receives image signals via two HDMI 2.0 and DisplayPort 1.4 connections, whereby the HDMI connections only support the transmission of 4K content at a maximum of 60 Hz. The simultaneous display of two image sources is possible thanks to the picture-by-picture mode. Special display modes for video games are available and allow, for example, the insertion of a crosshair overlay.
The AOC U28G2XU packs a four-port USB 3.2 hub and, in addition to two 3-watt speakers, also has a headphone output. The height can be adjusted as well as the inclination and swiveling through a total of 64 °. If there are special ergonomic requirements, the monitor can be mounted on a VESA bracket or stand.
Price and availability
The AOC U28G2XU 4K HDR monitor is already available to buy from Amazon.co.uk for £582.
AOC U28G2XU specifications
- Display: 28-inch Antiglare IPS panel, 3H hardness
- Resolution: UHD 3840×2160 pixels
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Brightness: 370 nits
- Refresh rate: 144Hz
- Response time: 1 ms (GTG) (MPRT)
- Static contrast ratio: 1000:1
- Dynamic contrast ratio: 80M:1
- Viewing angle: (CR10) 178/178
- Colors: 16.7 Million
- Features: Adaptive sync (Freesync Premium after AMD certified), G-SYNC Compatible, DisplayHDR 400, Flicker-free, Low Blue Light, 3-sided frameless design, Kensington lock, Gaming styles (MMORPG, Action, RTS, FPS (eSports), Beat’m up), Gaming modes (RTS, FPS, Racing, Gamer 1, Gamer 2, Off)
- Audio: 3W x 2 + DTS speakers
- VESA mounting: 100 x 100 mm
- Stand: TILT -5/21,5, HEIGHT 130mm, SWIVEL -32/32, PIVOT
- Connectivity: HDMI 2.1 x 2, DisplayPort 1.4 x 2, USB 3.2 x 4 USB HUB, Headphone out (3.5mm)
- Dimensions: 469.5(H) × 636.4 (W) ×244.9 (D) mm (with stand)
- Weight: 6.13 kg (with stand)
Apart from this AOC 144Hz monitor, Amazon UK has also listed the AOC AGON AG274FZ 27 inch gaming monitor for ambitious gamers and eSports players. It features a 27″ FHD display, 260 Hz refresh rate, HDR, HDMI 2.1, 1 ms response time, and is priced at £377.43.