The new Acer Aspire Vero 15.6 inch laptop is said to be particularly environmentally friendly because the ultrabooks are not only partly made of recycled plastic, they are also particularly easy to unscrew so that repairs can be carried out in the event of a defect.
The new Acer Vero (AV15-51) Green PC should not only offer a chic design but above all, an environmentally friendly housing that is made of 30 percent recycled plastic, the keycaps of the keyboard are even made of 50 percent PCR plastic. Acer promises that the ultrabook laptop will be equipped with easily accessible and standardized screws that should make it particularly easy to open the device.
However, the manufacturer is silent on whether the RAM and SSD can be upgraded after purchase, or whether consumers will be given direct access to spare parts to be able to carry out repairs themselves in the event of defects. The packaging can either be completely recycled or converted into a notebook stand.
In terms of technology, Acer relies on fairly ordinary ultrabook hardware, including an Intel Tiger Lake processor: Core i7-1195g7 and i5-1155g7, and a 1080p display with a diagonal of 15.6 inches. The top model relies on a current Intel Core i7, 16 GB of RAM, and a 1 TB SSD. A dedicated TPM module and a Kensington lock should provide the necessary security.
Prices and availability
The Acer Aspire Vero (AV15-51) is finally available to purchase via the Amazon.com, Newegg.com, and Amazon.co.uk online stores for a recommended retail price of $799 for the i5 version and $899 for the high-end model with an i7 processor.
Acer Aspire Vero specifications
- Operating System: Windows 11 Home
- Processor: Intel Core i7-1195G7 2.90 GHz / Intel Core i5-1155G7 2.50 GHz Quad-core (4 Core)
- Display: 15.6-inch ComfyView IPS Panel
- Graphics: Intel® iris® xᵉ graphics
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 Full HD
- Memory: 1x 16 GB/8 GB DDR4 SDRAM
- Storage: 1 x 512GB/256GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Connectivity: WiFi IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Gigabit Ethernet, Bluetooth 5.0
- Features: built-in Microphone, Finger Print Reader, 2x Stereo speakers, backlight keyboard, Kensington lock
- Ports: 1x HDMI, 1x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A, 2x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C, Network (RJ-45)
- Battery: 7.50 Hour run time
- Dimensions: 0.70 x 14.3 x 9.4 inches
- Weight: 3.97 lb
Recently, Acer has also introduced a new member of the Swift series, the Swift X 14 inch laptop. The Acer Swift X offers AMD Ryzen 5 5600U APU options with the NVIDIA RTX 3050 laptop GPU in a thin and light design that weighs 1.39 kg and has a thickness of only 0.7 inches. Acer also announces a battery life of 17 hours for the creation of content on the go and is priced at $949.99.