The Asus ROG Swift PG32UQX that was announced last year has got a sister model called the Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ 4K 144Hz monitor. New Asus republic of gamers has an IPS Panel with 4K resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels).
However, the new 32 inch 4k monitor features DisplayHDR-600 instead of DisplayHDR-1400-certified, dispenses with a mini-LED backlight, and achieves a refresh rate of up to 144 Hz. Two built-in HDMI 2.1 interfaces and a DisplayPort 1.4 with DSC (Display Stream Compression) make it possible.
At the same time, the modern HDMI connection standard ensures that current game consoles can also be used on the 32-inch Asus ROG monitor without compromising: ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode), 4K at 120 Hz, and VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) is possible according to the manufacturer. The 4K HDR monitor covers 98 percent of the DCI-P3 color space, has a 1 ms gray change, and promises a Delta-E value of less than 2.
A tearing-free PC gaming experience to ensure the Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ 4K 144Hz monitor free sync brings with Premium Pro, the next LFC (low frame rate compensation) HDR dominated support. G-Sync-compatible Adaptive Sync is also likely to be launched but is currently still in the certification process. Enthusiastic gamers should also look forward to Variable Overdrive, which dynamically adapts the overdrive to the refresh rate and minimizes graphic artifacts.
Other features of the Asus 144Hz monitor include aura sync lighting, a height-adjustable stand, two USB ports, a headphone output, and overlays such as crosshairs or an fps display that can be activated via the OSD.
Price and availability
Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ is now available to buy from Amazon.com for $999. Incidentally, the 4K 144Hz monitor can handle ELMB-Sync.
Asus ROG Swift PG32UQ Specifications
- Display: 32-inch Non-Glare IPS LED panel
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Color Space (DCI-P3): 98%
- Color Space (sRGB): 160%
- True Resolution: 3840×2160
- Display Viewing Area (HxV): 708.48 x 398.52 mm
- Pixel Pitch: 0.185mm
- Brightness (Typ.): 450cd/㎡
- Brightness (HDR, Peak): 600 cd/㎡
- Contrast Ratio: 1000:1
- Contrast Ratio (HDR, Max): 1,000,000:1
- Viewing Angle (CR≧10): 178°/ 178°
- Response Time: 1ms MPRT
- Display Colors: 1073.7M (10 bit)
- Refresh Rate (max): 144Hz
- Features: Flicker-free, HDR10, Color Accuracy △E< 2, GamePlus, Low Blue Light, HDCP 2.2, Game Visual, G-SYNC Compatible, ELMB Sync, HDR Mode, Shadow Boost, Display Widget, Aura Sync, Kensington Lock
- Ports: DisplayPort 1.4 DSC x 1, HDMI (v2.1) x 2, Earphone jack, x 3 USB 3.0
- Audio: 5W x2 Speakers
- Stand: Tilt (+20° ~ -5°), Swivel (+25° ~ -25°), Height Adjustment 0~100mm
- VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
- Dimensions: 728.18 x 551.83 x 292.56 mm (with stand)
- Weight: 9.7kg (with stand)
Recently, Asus has also made available the new gaming-grade monitor named ROG Swift PG279QM is based on the Fast IPS matrix measuring 27 inches diagonally. The panel has a QHD resolution (2560 × 1440 pixels), a refresh rate of 240 Hz, and a response time is 1 ms (Gray-To-Gray).