ZTE USA has unveiled its first smartwatch with Android Wear 2.0 operating system called ZTE Quartz watch, and it will initially be an exclusive for T-Mobile in USA. The ZTE Quartz price is about $192, and will be available on T-Mobile beginning Friday, April 14 and in select T-Mobile offline stores beginning Friday, April 21.
The ZTE Quartz Android Wear device evokes a bold design and smart experience at an unbeatable price. The smartwatch is based on Android Wear 2.0, and allows you to make phone calls, receive and send messages, stream music and access many applications available on Google Play Store.
There is a separate button on the side will trigger Google Assistant or access various applications. The battery of the device is 500mAh. Unfortunately, the Quartz is lacking of NFC, so you will not be able to use the Android Pay payment feature in supported countries, nor have a heart rate sensor like today’s many smart watches have.
ZTE Quartz Specifications
- Dimensions of 1.81 x 1.81 x 0.56 inches
- Weight of 3.14 ounces
- OLED Display of 1.4 inches
- Resolution of 400 x 400 pixels
- Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- Android Wear 2.0 operating system
- 1.1 GHz dual-core Processor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Wear 2100
- 768MB of RAM
- Broader Compatibility
- Internal memory of 4GB
- IP67 certification for protection against water and dust
- Connectivity of 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB 2.0
- Battery capacity of 500mAh
- Stand-by time Up to 2 days
- Google Fit
- Google Play Store
- Google Assistant
Commenting on the launch, Lixin Cheng, chairman and CEO of ZTE USA, said: “The launch of the ZTE Quartz smartwatch officially marks ZTE USA’s entry into the exciting wearable space. We are known to push the boundaries of affordable premium smartphones. With this smartwatch, we are expanding our reach into the wearables segment and offering our consumers a rich, connected smartwatch experience while maintaining our affordability value proposition.”