With 12 simultaneously usable recording tracks, interchangeable microphone capsules, and app-based touchscreen operation, the Zoom H8 audio recorders with USB audio interface should meet all requirements for professional sound recordings.
The H8 has a color touchscreen display with three app-driven modes that provide the appropriate functions for the respective project.
- The Podcast app makes it easy to create high-quality productions. Thanks to the special sound pads, for example, sound effects can be triggered or background music can be started via the touch screen.
- With the Music app, you have direct access to all important functions such as audio level, fader, volume indicators, and more. With 10 inputs and 12 recording tracks, even larger ensembles can be easily recorded. Mixes and overdubs can be processed with EQ and compressor. With the Zoom Guitar Lab software, you have access to a huge selection of amps and effects.
- The Field app is the solution for outdoor voice recordings, sound design, conferences, and much more. It gives you instant access to large meters for every track, so you can make sure your recordings never clip. In addition, you can quickly access the input type, lo-cut filtering, compression, limiting, the noise gate, and other important settings.
The Zoom Capsule System 2.0 allows the connection of up to 4 additional audio channels via the H8 capsule connection to expand your recording options.
- The XAH-8 capsule enables crystal clear stereo recordings. The capsules can be easily aligned to switch between a compact XY arrangement and an AB orientation with an expanded stereo width.
- The VRH-8 is an Ambisonic microphone capsule that contains four condenser microphones for immersive 360° audio recordings. An internal acceleration sensor ensures that the capsule is correctly aligned at all times, while the integrated Ambisonic decoder automatically carries out the necessary conversions, thus saving time in post-production.
- The EXH-8 capsule offers 4 additional XLR inputs for a total of 10 connection options. Each additional input is equipped with its own gain control and a pad switch. You can even use your own condenser microphones – all you need to do is connect a power supply to the EXH-8 capsule to provide phantom power.
The Zoom H8 features a 2.4″ color LCD touchscreen with the three app-driven modes optimized for podcasting, music, and field recording workflows at the touch of the screen. Regardless of whether you are recording music, field recording, or professional podcasts, the H8 adapts immediately to the functions required for the task at hand.
The New Zoom audio recorders offer great reliability in every recording session due to its high performance. With four XLR, two XLR / TRS combo sockets, and 4 capsule inputs, the H8 can record up to 12 tracks simultaneously and you can quickly and easily adjust gain, lo-cut, EQ, compression, limiter, noise gate and much more. You can choose from 13 preset sounds or load your own sound effects from an SD card.
Price and availability
Zoom H8 audio recorders with USB audio interface has been priced at $399.99 and is now available to pre-order via the Bhphotovideo.com store. The shipping will start from August 07, 2020.
Recently, Zoom has also announced the new G11 multi-effect processor for guitarists. It is said to represent Zoom’s most advanced multi-effects guitar processor to date and enable an infinite number of sound combinations.