Xiaomi has officially raised the curtain from its new flagship Xiaomi Mi 6 today. Confirm the technical specifications emerged earlier, starting with the leading hardware platform based on a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor with Adreno 540 GPU and 6GB of RAM.
The multimedia sector is characterized by the double front speaker, while in the rear part of the body detaches the dual camera, integrated in an optimal manner, avoiding unusual module. The body is covered by the 3D curved glass present on all four sides, while the side metal frame with high-grade polishing process divided into 40 steps. The whole design is symmetrical, simple and clean.
Xiaomi has also confirmed the presence of the Xiaomi Mi 6 Silver Edition version, all four sides covered with a mirror finish and back cover with metallic finish. Since the resistance to water, all opening ports are sealed and protected. The fingerprint scanner on Mi 6 is now placed under-glass at the front. He added that the Mi 6 is resistant to wear and tear, and claimed it’s “splash-resistant”.
The Xiaomi Mi 6 features a 5.15-inch display with Full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution, 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut, and 1500:1 contrast ratio. The screen panel, in fact, meets the CQC3130 color standards.
Continuing with the list of specifications worthy of mention, is the presence of 2×2 dual Wi-Fi connectivity, while for the battery, Xiaomi with some pride, showed a comparative statement showing how the Mi 6’s 3350mAh are higher than those of the top competitor’s range.
Xiaomi Mi 6 Price and Availability
The Mi 6 is offered at the price of CNY 2499 – approximately $360 for the model with 6GB of RAM and 64GB of storage, while the 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM variant will cost CNY 2899 – approximately $421. For the Mi 6 Ceramic Edition with 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM will be offered at CNY 2999 – approximately $430. The handset will be available in China starting 28, April 2017.
Xiaomi Mi 6 Specifications
- Full HD Display of 5.12 inches, 600 nits brightness, 94.4% NTSC color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio
- Resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Dual Rear Camera of 12 mega pixels, OIS, 4K video recording
- Front Camera of 8 mega pixels
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with MIUI 8
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 Processor
- Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM + 64GB ROM (UFS 2.0) / 6GB LPDDR4 RAM + 128GB ROM (UFS 2.0)
- Connectivity of 4G VoLTE, 3G, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (MU-MIMO), GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, USB Type-C
- Battery capacity of 3350mAh
- Dual SIM