VOX brings a breath of fresh air to the market and introduces the new VOX Cambridge 50 Guitar amplifiers in time for NAMM 2020. According to the manufacturer, it should simply make many things better.
Thanks to VOX’s own virtual element technology (VET), convincing sounds should be easy to conjure up: Overdrive, response, and dynamics should be at the same level with tube amplifiers and look absolutely authentic. The use of state-of-the-art Nutube in the preamp, which provides the typical sound characteristics of a tube, should always make the amp’s sound dynamic, powerful and convincing. Incidentally, the Nutube is much more energy-efficient, robust and lighter than the classic tube.
In addition, the VOX amps wooden housing, which is open to the rear, and the 12″ Celestion loudspeaker ensure a defined sound image. In addition to the legendary VOX sound, Cambridge 50 also offers numerous other amp models and a line input (e.g. for acoustic guitars), various Effect types and many practical functions, such as an integrated USB audio interface.
In combination with the optionally available VFS-5 footswitch, up to eight different sounds can be saved as presets and called up again at the push of a button Cambridge 50 for the rehearsal room, stage or in the studio as a flexible all-round talent.
VOX Cambridge 50 Features
- Modern modeling amplifier with Nutube technology
- 50 watts power
- 1×12″ Celestion speaker
- Compact wooden case
- 11 different amplifier models
- 8 effect types (two can be used simultaneously)
- Integrated USB AUDIO interface
- Dynamic and pressure of a tube amplifier thanks to Nutube technology
- 2 user memories / 8 user memories when using the optionally available VOX VFS-5 footswitch
- Line-out/headphone output with speaker emulation
- Tone room software for detailed editing of your own sounds
- JamVOX III software
Price and Availability
VOX Cambridge 50 Electric Guitar Amplifier is now available to pre-order through Bhphotovideo.com for $299.99.