Swipe has officially announced a new smartphone which exceptionally designed for Kids in India named Swipe Junior. It is particularly focused at children between age group 5-15, to offer them some assistance with increasing their creativity blended with fun learning and without compromising on security. This is a single SIM 3G device runs Android 4.4 KitKat operating system.
The Swipe Junior Smartphone for Kids priced at Rs 4,999 – approximately $75. With the expanding number Parent operated control system based budget smartphone in the Indian market, this one from Swipe will be a new addition that is available to buy on Flipkart and Amazon India in Blue color.
The handset accompanies a different exceptional element to help parents to track and ensure their children as follows:
- Parents Operated Control System: This specific element is intended for Swipe Junior empowering the parents to keep a check of the “contact list” their kids are associated with, control/limit the time spent on web browsing, games or any other apps. The smartphone also concedes great adaptability to have SOS emergency dialing facility with just one click.
- Geo-positioning: An astonishing innovation and first of its kind to control the Kid’s movement, limiting them to be within defined Geo-Fence range. Parents can monitor the phone’s location through GPS and can also set “safe” and “danger” zones for their child.
- Customize UI for kids: Parents can customize the wallpapers that their children find alluring and set ringtone that are soothing for their kids. Children can enjoy the preloaded apps that are fascinating to them and can also ignite their imagination with interactive story books.
- Shockproof and Durable design: Considering the way that kids drop the devices, the device has a specially designed shock and break proof body made with food grade material.
- On Cloud: An all-time real cloud connectivity makes Swipe Junior world’s only unique cloud connected smartphone for kids.
Talking about the Swipe Junior specifications, includes a 4.5-inch IPS display with a qHD resolution of 960×540 pixels. It is fueled by a 1.3 GHz dual-core processor with 3D Graphics Processor. Also, there is 512MB of RAM to provide decent performance. It packs a 4GB of internal storage without the support of micro SD card.
The Swipe Junior comes equipped with a 2-megapixel primary camera on the back panel along with LED flash and 0.3-megapixel front-facing camera. Both the camera modules are acceptable considering the price range of the device. It packs a 1900mAh battery can be deliver talk time up to 8 hours and 120 hours of standby time on 2G network.
For connectivity, it features 3G, Wi-Fi, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB 2.0 options.