The WMPoweruser page said that Microsoft is developing a Surface Mobile phone, codenamed “Project Juggernaut Alpha”.
A special feature of this device compared to the Lumia devices which is located in its processor: Juggernaut Alpha running on Intel Atom x3 (Sofia) 64-bit x32_64 architecture, while all the Lumia phones are based on the Qualcomm CPU with ARM architecture. Previous Windows Phone 8.1 supports only ARM, and now Windows 10, it can be run on both x32_64 and ARM hardware, so Microsoft switched to Intel CPU which is not too surprising for us.
The source also adds that the Juggernaut Alpha Window mobile could be launched at the end of this year or early next year, and the trade name of the device will be Surface Mobile.
Surface Mobile or Juggernaut Alpha Specs (Leaked):
- AMOLED Display of 5.5 inches with Gorilla Glass 4
- Resolution of 1440×2560 pixels, 16:9
- Rear Camera of 21 mega pixels, PureView Zeiss 6-lens
- Front Camera of 8 mega pixels, Zeiss Wide-Angle
- Windows 10 Mobile operating system
- 64-bit Intel Atom x3 Processor
- 3GB/4GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 64GB/128GB
- Expandable memory up to 256GB
- Surface Pen
- USB Type-C
- Wireless Charging