Aspyr is a leading video game publishing and development partner, has now announced the Star Wars Episode l: Racer for Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4.
The classic Nintendo 64 racing game, based on the podracing sequence in Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, is back with modernized controls. Star Wars Episode l lets players take control of a podracer, speeding through flaming methane lakes, Tusken Raider assaults, anti-gravity tunnels, and much more in a pulse-pounding, do-or-die fight to the finish line.
“Get ready to start your engines because one of the galaxy’s most dangerous races is on with the launch of Star Wars Episode l: Racer,” said Elizabeth Howard, vice president of publishing at Aspyr. “Now on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for the first time, we can’t wait to see fans reactions as they experience this Nintendo 64 classic on modern platforms.”
- 25 playable racers including Anakin Skywalker, Sebulba, and Ratts Tyerell
- Race tracks spanning eight unique planets including Tatooine, Baroonda, and Malastare
- Players can work with pit droids to upgrade their podracer for higher top speeds and acceleration
- Discover short-cuts and secrets to master lap times
- Play single-player campaigns or multiplayer via split-screen
Star Wars Episode l: Racer is now available for digital purchase on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4 for $14.99.