Sony A9 Camera has been launched in USA with the prices starting at $4,498, and it can be pre-ordered via Amazon.com and will be available on May 25. The camera takes the best of Sony’s camera technologies and crams it into a body that’s smaller than most DSLRs in the market.
Some of the highlights of the Sony A9 Camera include high-speed, blackout-free continuous shooting at up to 20fps, 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second and a maximum shutter speed of up to 1/32,000 second. It comes with all new 35mm full-frame 24.2-megapixel Exmor RS sensor, which Sony says is the world’s first and enabled data processing speeds that that up to 20x faster than its previous full-frame models. It is powered by an upgraded Bionz X image processor.
Sony A9 Camera Features:
- World’s First1 full-frame stacked CMOS sensor, 24.2 MP2 resolution
- Blackout-Free Continuous Shooting3 at up to 20fps4 for up to 241 RAW5/ 362 JPEG6 images
Silent7, Vibration-free shooting at speeds up to 1/32,000 sec8
- 693 point focal plane phase detection AF points with 60 AF/AE tracking calculations per second
- Extensive professional features including Ethernet port for file transfer, Dual SD card slots and extended battery life
- 5-Axis in-body image stabilization with a 5.0 step9 shutter speed advantage
The camera features 693 phase detection AF points covering approximately 93 percent of the frame, which should ensure much faster tracking of moving subjects. It has a vibration free, fully electronic, anti-distortion shutter with no mechanical mirror, thus avoiding shutter sound when capturing an image. The Sony A9 camera has a sensitivity of ISO 100-51200, 5-axis image stabilisation, and a tilting 3-inch touchscreen display.
Sony A9 Camera Specifications
- Dimensions of 127 x 96 x 63 mm
- Weight of 673g
- Touch Screen TFT-LCD Tilt Display of 3 inches
- 24 megapixels BSI-CMOS Sensor
- Maximum resolution of 6000×4000 pixels
- BIONZ X Processor
- Auto ISO 100-51200 to 50-204800
- 5-axis Image stabilization
- 4K video recording 3840 x 2160 pixels @ 30 fps.
- Autofocus 693 points
- Sony E mount
- Viewfinder coverage of 100%
- Shutter speed – Min. 30 sec. Max. 1/8000 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed – 20.0 fps
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth, Micro-USB 2.0, Microphone port, Headphone port, mini HDMI port, Dual SD/SDHC/SDXC slots (UHS-II)
- NP-FZ100 Battery up to 650 shots