After many rumors, Samsung has officially unveiled its latest smartphone called Galaxy A8 featured with a body thickness of only 59mm.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 comes with a metal case design characteristics of its A lines, And it is available in Black, White, and Gold colour and also available for pre-orders only in China.
The Galaxy A8 owns Super AMOLED screen size of 5.7-inch with a Full HD resolution of 1920×1080 pixels and powered by 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 processor, (1.5GHz + Cortex-A53 and 1.0GHz + Cortex-A53) and Adreno 405 GPU. Despite its slim design, Galaxy A8 features a 16-megapixel rear camera with autofocus, optical image stabilisation, f/1.9 aperture, a wide-angle lens up to 120 degrees and LED flash, while there is a 5-megapixel front-facing camera to take a selfies.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS with TouchWiz UI and features Dual-SIM slots and a 3050mAh battery which can deliver a standby time up to 304 hours on 4G network. Regarding design and style Samsung A8 is based on the Samsung Galaxy A6 style, with metal frame, rounded corners and a fingerprint sensor in the Home key. While the cutting edge corners inspired from the earlier version Galaxy A7.
The front panel with a 5.7-inch screen, familiar components in the design of Samsung such as speaker and round rectangle Home key. The device has 2GB of RAM, and for storage there is two variants available like 16GB or 32GB options, also included expandable memory card slot up to 128GB. The SIM slot concurrent backside of the device with a camera in square shape. It measures 158×76.8×5.9mm and weighs 151 grams.
The Samsung Galaxy A8 will be available in August for other regions, while price is not officially disclosed, but its higher then the Galaxy A7.
Samsung Galaxy A8 Specifications:
- Dimensions of 158×76.8×5.9mm
- Weight of 151g
- Super AMOLED Display of 5.7 inches, 16 million colors
- Resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Rear Camera of 16 mega pixels, ISOCELL sensor
- Front Camera of 5 mega pixels
- Android 5.1 with TouchWiz UI
- 1.5GHz 4x and 4x 1.0GHz Processor
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 Chip
- Adreno 405 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 16GB/32GB
- Expandable memory up to 128GB
- Connectivity of 4G TDD LTE, 3.5G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Glonass, Beidou, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB 2.0
- Battery capacity of 3050mAh
- Dual SIM