Updated on February 12, 2020:
Along with the Samsung Galaxy S20, S20 Plus and Galaxy S20 Ultra smartphones, Galaxy Buds+ earbuds are also listed on the Bhphotovideo.com store for $149 and will be available in Light Blue, Black, and White color options.
Samsung Galaxy Buds+ design is not different from the current Buds but it is equipped with 3 microphones to capture sound to help eliminate noise and improve call conversation quality. It enhances the ambient sounds experience when users can adjust many different levels to be able to hear outside sounds during listening music.
When you wear the headset and press outside to adjust the command to increase or decrease the volume, ambient sound, and more. Now Buds+ can help users quickly access Spotify to listen to music. In addition, it is more convenient in the Samsung ecosystem when users can switch headsets used with different devices from Galaxy phones via Tab, or via Galaxy Watch, or laptops easily and conveniently. Music continues to play when switching devices.
Although almost everything is known about the new Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus Earbuds, earlier today, the wireless earbuds were even available for pre-order via Amazon US. While the Galaxy Unpacked 2020 event scheduled in a few hours, which will show the new Galaxy S20 series to the public.
The product sheet reported by Amazon confirms what we already knew: the new Galaxy Buds Plus will have a maximum battery life of up to 11 hours and total 22 hours (with charging case), the presence of 3 microphones (1 internal + 2 external) should significantly improve the quality of calls, reducing external noise, the new 2-way dynamic speakers will return better sound quality, finally, there is a mention to support wireless charging technology.
Further confirmation regarding compatibility with iOS devices comes directly from the App Store, where the official Galaxy Buds+ app for iPhone has been published recently. The application can be downloaded directly from the App store and is not compatible with the previous Galaxy Buds model with model number SM-R170.
- Earbud dimensions: 17.5 (L) x 19.2 (W) x 22.5 (H) mm
- Weight: 6.3g per earbud
- Bluetooth 5.0, touch controls, voice commands, wireless charging
- Triple adaptive microphone (2 external + 1 internal)
- Sensors: accelerometer, proximity, hall, touch, ear detection
- Battery: Earbuds with 85mAh / Charging case with 270mAh (USB Type-C)
- Double diaphragm for deep bass and defined highs
- Better call quality with 3 microphones
- Amplified ambient sound
- Multiple connectivities, reduced latency gaming mode
- Compatible with Android and iOS operating systems
- Music playback time: 22 hours total (11 hours earbuds + 11 hours case) / Call battery: 15 hours total (7.5 hours earbuds + 7.5 hours case)
- Package Contents: Earbuds, Carrying Case, USB-C Cable, Ear Flaps, Ear Covers, Quick Start Guide
Price and Availability
Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus were listed on Amazon.com for pre-order (now removed) at $149.99 and comes in Black and White colors, the shipping time is expected from February 14, 2020.