The full-frame lens Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 Series II Lens has appeared in the photographic equipment online store Bhphotovideo with the mark of “New Release”. More specifically, a new Rokinon lens is available for Canon EF, Canon M, Fujifilm X, Sony E, and Micro Four Thirds mounts.
The buyer will receive an ultra-wide-angle prime lens, the main purpose of which is called shooting landscapes, architecture, and astrophotography. The features of the product include the focus lock and de-click function, so you can ‘Lock’ the focus which improves reliability in astrophotography and time-lapse. Also, the ‘de-click’ function allows aperture for fine and smooth adjustment without clicking.
Additionally, a focus lock ring permits securing the focusing position to prevent accidental changes, and the aperture ring can also be de-clicked to better suit video applications. The optical design includes 14 elements in 10 groups utilizes seven specialized elements that include Hybrid Aspherical, HRI, Aspherical, and ED types plus UMC antireflective coatings for clear and vibrant images. The lens hood is built-in and a soft lens pouch is included.
Price and availability
Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 Series II wide angle lens has been priced at $499 for Canon EF, Canon M, Fujifilm X, Sony E and Micro Four Thirds mount.
It can be pre-ordered via the Bhphotovideo.com online store.
Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 Series II Specs
- Focal Length: 14mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 22.4mm for Canon EF-M, 21mm for Fuji X, 28mm for MFT)
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum Aperture: f/22
- Mount: Canon EF-M / Fujifilm X / Sony E / Micro Four Thirds
- Format Compatibility: APS-C
- Angle of View: 89.9° (Canon EF-M), 93.9° (Fuji X), 76.2° (MFT), 115.7° (Sony E)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 28 cm
- Optical Design: 14 Elements in 10 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades: 9
- Focus: Manual Focus
- Image Stabilization: No
- Filter Size: None
- Dimensions: 87 x 122 mm (Canon EF-M), 87 x 122.4 mm (Fuji X), 87 x 120.9 mm (MFT), 87 x 122.1 mm (Sony E)
- Weight: 695 g (Canon EF-M), 694 g (Fuji X), 692 g (MFT), 708 g (Sony E)
Back in February, Rokinon has announced two new lenses with a fixed focal length, which are designed for video. The 16mm T2.6 Pro and 35mm T1.5 Pro Rokinon lenses are part of the XEEN CF series.