Realme is a sub-brand of the Oppo and the company has proved to want to offer good software support to its customers, giving way to the rollout of various software updates in the past and the future as well. As the company’s CEO, Madhav Sheth, made sure to highlight in a recent official video interview.
In summary, the CEO confirmed some of the future changes and upcoming improvements of the Realme smartphone proprietary interface:
- Dark theme in ColorOS 6: After having been applied in the Android Q operating system, it will arrive soon on Realme devices. Exact release date is not provided, but there is confirmation that the Dark theme will be an integral part of ColorOS 6 and available for all Realme devices that support it.
- Screen recording with internal audio support: the screen recording function will be further improved with internal audio support, as well as external microphone support. Again, there are no details on the timing: it will come via OTA update in the near future.
- Updated camera UI: Other Realme devices will also receive the Realme 3 Pro camera UI. Reference is made to Realme U1 and Realme 1. Furthermore, the watermark can contain the date and time the photo was taken – the function will be made available by the third quarter of 2019.
- Theme Store: in addition to changing the background and the icon pack, it will soon be possible to customize the font of the interface.
- Improved battery usage statistics: Realme will be improving the battery usage statistics soon. This included the additional ability to track screen-on time in ColorOS.
Apart from the software news, Realme has also added a small detail related to the accessories. The company will soon start to sell the VOOC fast-charging charger separately, currently included in the standard equipment of some models, starting from Realme 3 Pro.
Reading Realme’s commitment to software is undoubtedly encouraging in light of the future moves that the company is about to take: showing little confidence in its means, it has begun to keep interested in its first 64MP camera smartphone and it is known that even the best digital camera is likely to become less thing without a suitable software to enhance it.