Ricoh has announced the launch of all new Pentax K-70 camera, this is an entry-level DSLR camera, but incorporates an advanced features typically found on high-end camera models as fitted 24-megapixel APS-C sensor that omits an anti-aliasing filter. The Pentax K-70 price $646.95 for camera body only and $896.95 for body with 18-135mm lens kit, and it can be pre-ordered via Amazon and BHPhoto stores.
The K-70 camera body comes with An SP (Super Protect) coating to prevent water, dust, and grease and including low light and temperatures as low as 14°F (-10°C). Additionally the lens body is built to the same weather-resistant standards as the K-70 for use in inclement conditions. In addition, the K-70 is also the first Pentax DSLR camera is equipped with Hybrid AF autofocus capabilities in live view mode.
New Pentax K-70 will be a better replacement for the Pentax K-S2 is a well-known camera as a first compact DSLR featuring weatherproofed design has been out early 2015. It also offered an anti-aliasing filter, a variable-tilt LCD monitor, and an in-body shake-reduction mechanism that reduces the effects of camera shake up to 4.5 shutter steps. Additionally, the Pixel Shift Resolution System, which produces high-resolution, finely detailed images. The K-70 with an 11-point AF system, including 9-point cross-type sensors and continuous shooting capabilities, including a 6 fps shooting rate for up to 40 consecutive JPEGs, 10 raw/DNG frames, or 8 raw+JPEG exposures.
The Pentax K-70 using the PRIME MII image processor with 24.24-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor has a broad sensitivity range up to ISO 204800. It can shoot video in 1080p and is enhanced with a 4K interval mode that combines 4K resolution stills into a movie file. At the back, the K-70 features a 3.0-inch Fully articulated LCD display with 921,000 pixel resolution. Other features includes built-in Wi-Fi to increase connectivity, multiple exposure shooting modes with the ability to settings from 2 to 2000 exposures.
Pentax K-70 Specifications
- Dimensions of 126 x 93 x 74 mm
- Weight of 686g
- Fully articulated TFT-LCD Display of 3 inches
- 24.24 megapixels APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Maximum resolution of 6000×4000 pixels
- PRIME MII Processor
- DA 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 ED AL DC WR Lens
- Auto ISO 100-102400 to 204800
- Full HD recording 1920 x 1080 pixels at 30fps.
- Autofocus 11 points
- Hybrid AF, cross-type
- Anti-Aliasing Filter Simulator
- SAFOX X 11-Point AF with 9 Cross Sensors
- Shake Reduction & Pixel Shift Resolution
- Viewfinder coverage of 100%
- Shutter speed – Min. 30 sec. Max. 1/6000 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed – 6.0 fps
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi, Micro-USB 2.0, Microphone port, Headphone port, mini HDMI port, SD/SDHC/SDXC Microsd card
- D-LI109 1050 mAh Lithium-ion Battery