The most important changes in the update are the support for the OPPO UDP-20XEU MediaControl app, available on the App Store, Google Play Store and Amazon App Store. The application allows you to control all functions and to control on media files stored on USB devices or local area network (DLNA and SMB).
Oppo UDP-203 Firmware update Changelog:
- Added support for the OPPO UDP-20XEU MediaControl app, which turns your mobile device into a remote that provides complete control over your OPPO 4K UHD Blu-ray player.
- Added the Dolby Digital and DTS options under the S/PDIF Output setting in Audio Output Setup, which allows the player to re-encode different audio formats into the Dolby Digital or DTS audio format for the S/PDIF output.
- Improved the output accuracy when using the RGB PC Level colour space.
- Resolved a frame dropping issue when using cable or satellite boxes through the HDMI In.
- Improved A/V sync when using the HDMI In.
- Resolved an issue where the Full zoom mode would not fill the screen when playing 4:3 content.
- Improved stability when accessing SMB servers.
- Resolved an issue where ejecting the disc tray could lock up the player.
- General disc compatibility improvements based on recent and upcoming UHD Blu-ray releases as well as user-submitted disc samples.
New Oppo UDP-203 firmware can be downloaded via its official website.