After launching several devices within the Reno series, Oppo has now announced another member of the family, the Reno Z in Europe, and it carries specifications and price of a mid-range smartphone.
The Oppo Reno Z features a 6.4-inch AMOLED screen with FHD+ resolution and 19.5:9 aspect ratio. As we can see, it also features a waterdrop notch to accommodate a 32MP front camera. However, unlike previous rumors, this device does not use a MediaTek chipset.
In fact, the Reno Z is powered by the Snapdragon 710 processor, which paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. This good amount of memory should compensate for the lack of support for expansion via MicroSD card.
Imitating the design of its older brothers, the Oppo Reno Z arrives at the market with dual rear cameras. The main sensor has 48MP (Sony IMX586 sensor) and brings a series of photographic features with the use of Artificial Intelligence. The second sensor is only 5MP and should be used to provide depth in portrait mode.
To guarantee a good battery, the Oppo Reno Z has a 3,950mAh battery with support to 20W fast charging. In addition, the device also brings an in-display fingerprint sensor and running Android 9.0 Pie OS based on ColorOS 6.0.
Oppo Reno Z Specifications
- Dimensions of 157.3 × 74.9 × 9.1 mm
- Weight of 186g
- AMOLED Display of 6.4 inches with 19.5:9 aspect ratio
- Resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels
- Dual Rear Camera of 48MP main and 5MP secondary camera
- Front Camera of 32MP
- Android 9.0 Pie with ColorOS 6
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 SoC
- Adreno 616 GPU
- 6GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 128GB
- In-display Fingerprint sensor
- Battery capacity of 3950mAh
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC, 3.5mm audio jack, and USB Type-C port
- Dual SIM
Price and availability
New Reno Z starts will be available from June in the European market, with a starting price of EUR 190 – approximately $215.