Oppo has announced the software upgrade of Android 6.0 Marshmallow for Oppo R9 Plus, R9 (Oppo F1 Plus), and F1s.
Currently, only Australian users are offered official links to Android 6 Marshmallow. However, if you are own a Oppo F1 Plus and F1s with model number – X9009 and A1601, you can manually download and install Android 6.0 Marshmallow on your device. We still recommend the OTA update, but if you can’t wait, then try this method at your own risk, after you backup all your data.
Before you upgrade
- Make sure to back-up your data before you start the upgrade as all data will be wiped in the process.
- Make sure there is more than 40% battery.
- Make sure there is at least 1.5GB free storage space on the phone or micro-SD card to download the software installation package.
- The whole process of installation will take some time, please do not do other operations or power off your device during the installation process.
- Download the software package which correlates your model (R9 Plus, R9 or F1s) to the phone storage’s (or SD card) root directory (ie not in any sub-folders).
- Go to Files – All files – (click SD card if you have downloaded the package to SD card) – select the zip file – Click Update now. (Figures below are shown as an example of SD card).
- Your device will then reboot and display the progress of upgrade (see figure below), which will take some time. Please do not do other operations or power off your device during the process.
- After the progress bar is complete, the phone will reboot and remain on the OPPO logo for 3 to 5 minutes. Please do not power off the device as this is normal.
- Once the phone is fully booted up, the standard start-up guide will show up to setup the language, region and Wi-Fi. Upon completion of the guide, please check Settings – Dual SIM and mobile network – Preferred network type, and make sure you have selected 4G/3G/2G (Auto) as Preferred network type.
And by now, congratulations, you have successfully upgraded the software.