Marking its re-entry into the Mirrorless camera market with a bang, Olympus announced the OM-D E-M5 Mark III Micro Four Thirds (MFT) mirrorless interchangeable lens camera (MILC). An upgrade over the OM-D E-M5 Mark II, which was released more than three years ago,
Olympus was the first in the market to introduce the 5-axis sensor-shift optical image stabilization (OIS) system with the original OM-D E-M5. At the launch, the Japanese company continued to play up the presence of the 5-axis sensor-shift IS, which can move vertically, horizontally, roll, pitch, and yaw, in the Olympus EM5 MarkIII as well. The high video recording quality – Cinema 4K video with minimal camera shake, even while shooting handheld. It supports C4K 24p, Full HD 30 fps, All-Intra and Full HD 60p.
The OM-D E-M5 Mark III uses a 20-megapixel Live MOS sensor, a TruePic VIII image processor and an upgraded 121-point autofocus system. It also includes a 3-inch vari-angle touchscreen LCD and an electronic viewfinder as well. In addition, a 50-megapixel high-resolution shot mode where the camera stitches together eight images captured by shifting the lens by half a pixel step eight times. Additionally, an entire range of high-quality M.Zuiko lens is available for the OM-D E-M5 Mark II.
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mark III Specifications
- Dimensions of 125 x 85 x 50 mm
- Weight of 141g
- Touch Screen TFT-LCD Flip Display of 3 inches
- 20 megapixels CMOS Sensor
- Maximum resolution of 5184 x 3888 pixels
- TruePic VIII Processor
- Auto ISO 200-25600, expands to 64-25600
- UHD recording 4096 x 2160 pixels @ 24 fps.
- Autofocus 121 points, phase + contrast-detection AF system
- Viewfinder coverage of 100%
- Shutter speed – Min. 60 sec. Max. 1/8000 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed – 30.0 fps
- Connectivity of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Micro-USB 2.0, Microphone port, mini HDMI port
- BLS-50 Battery up to 310 shots
Price and Availability
The OM-D E-M5 Mark III will be available in Bhphtovideo.com online store for $1,799 along with the ECG-5 battery grip comes with a shutter release and control dial for $169.99. The shipping will be scheduled in late November.