After introducing the OM-D E-M1X mirrorless camera, Olympus goes to expand the range of lenses with the launch of the M.ZUIKO ED 12-200MM F3.5-6.3 dedicated to mirrorless cameras with Micro Four Thirds standard. It is a super telephoto lens covering the entire focal length, from the wide angle (24mm eq.) to the 16.6x zoom, the highest in the category (400mm eq,).
The lens is also resistant to dust and moisture, it can be used in all conditions without the fear that it can ruin: ideal companion for your next holidays and perfect for close-up portraits with a blur background and a 0.46x magnification. The Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) mechanism allows to obtain a fast, precise and extremely fluid focus, optimized especially for those who want to record videos.
Olympus M.ZUIKO ED 12-200MM F3.5-6.3 Specs
- Dimensions of 99.7×77.55mm
- Weight of 455g
- Mount: Micro Four Thirds System
- 12-200mm (24-400mm eq.)
- Maximum aperture: f/3.5 to 6.3
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- 16 Elements in 11 Groups
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Three HR Elements
- Four ED Elements
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- ZERO Coating
- Angle of View: 84° to 6.2°
- Maximum magnification: 0.46x
- Movie & Still Compatible AF System
- Weather-Resistant Construction
- Focusing range: 8.66″ / 22 cm
- Front filter: 72 mm
Price and Availability
Olympus M.ZUIKO ED 12-200MM F3.5-6.3 price in US has been set at $899 and is already up for pre-order on Bhphotovideo.com. The lens will be available from March 2019.