The number of Neato robotics vacuum devices offering native support for the Amazon Alexa voice assistant is growing and, as such, can also be managed through simple voice commands.
Controlling the Neato vacuum robots with Alexa is a very simple task:
- First, download the Alexa app into your smart device and sign into your Amazon account.
- If you do not have a Neato account, download the Neato app, create an account and add your Neato Botvac Connected robots to your Neato account.
- Select Skills in the left navigation bar of the Alexa app.
- Search for the Neato Skill and select it.
- Select Enable Skill. Sign into your Neato account to link Alexa to your Neato account.
After the initial settings, you can give your Neato Botvac commands, for example: “Alexa, ask Neato to start cleaning” or “Alexa, ask Neato my robot’s battery level”. The manufacturer has prepared a special FAQ section on the official website as well as Amazon.com with all the information needed to configure Neato and Alexa as best as possible.