Nissin Japan Co., Ltd. Back in May this year, has announced the MG80 Pro camera flash light with a guide number of 60, which supports command and slave modes using a 2.4Ghz Nissin NAS System, and has a transmission range up to 100m (328ft). And now the new Nissin Flash has been listed for pre-orders through Bhphotovideo.com for $549.95 and delivery is expected in February 2020. It is available for Canon, Fujifilm, M43, Nikon and Sony cameras.
The flash is powered by four 14500 lithium-ion batteries or 4xAA rechargeable batteries. Users can expect around 280 flashes when using four 650mAh Li-ion batteries, or around 320 flashes when using four 2450mAh rechargeable batteries. The recycling time is 1.5s or 3.8s, respectively. The zoom mode covering focal length options from 24mm to 200mm, with a 16mm lens too.
The Flash guide number is 60 (at ISO 100 and head position corresponding to the focal length of the lens 200 mm) or 32 (at focal length 35 mm). For modeling light, the flash has an 8W LED lamp. The flash supports TTL modes, compensation in the range of ± 2 EV in increments of 1/3 EV and manual mode with the ability to adjust the pulse from 1/256 to 1/1 in increments of 1/3 EV.
An interesting feature of the camera flash light is the presence of a MicroSD slot. It is used to upgrade firmware. The dimensions of the Nissin flash are 73 x 137 x 120 mm, and weight – 520 g (without batteries).
Nissin MG80 Pro Specifications
- Compatibility: Canon, Nikon, Sony, Fujifilm, Panasonic and Olympus
- Performance (at ISO 100): Guide Number 60 at 200mm / Guide Number 32 at 35mm / Guide number 20 without zoom / 83Ws
- Zoom range: 24mm to 200mm, 18mm with diffuser
- Power: 4x 14500 Li-ion batteries or 4xAA rechargeable batteries
- Recycling time: 1.5 sec. With 4x Li-ion batteries / 4 sec. With 4xAA rechargeable batteries
- Number of flashes: 280 with 4x Li-ion 650mAh rechargeable batteries / 320 with 4x AA 2450mAh batteries
- Color temperature: 5600K
- Flash time: 1 / 20,000 to 1/400 sec.
- Flash head: -7 to 90 degrees vertical, +/- 180 degrees horizontal
- Modes: On Camera Mode / Wireless Master Mode / Wireless Receiving Mode
- LED modeling: 8W LED, 25 steps, approx. 2 hours continuous working with 850mAh batteries, overheating protection
- Lightning life: about 100,000 flashes
- Wireless system: 2.4Ghz Nissin NAS System
- Built-in NAS Commander: Acts as Commander or Receiver
- Number of channels: 8 channels
- Lightning Groups: A, B, C, D & Ȧ, Ḃ, Ċ, Ḋ (total 8 groups)
- Function modes: TTL, Manual and Manual Zoom
- Lightning speed: 10 shots / sec.
- Maximum wireless distance: Max. 100m (depending on the environment)
- Manual zoom: Manually adjustable: 24/35/50/70/85/105/135/200 mm
- Flash compensation: [TTL] -2.0 to + 2.0,
- 1 / 3EV steps (manual) 1 to 1/256 (1/3 steps) / Each flash group can be set separately.
- Synchronization modes: Canon: first curtain, second curtain, HSS, FE-Lock (setting via camera menu) / Nikon: first curtain, second curtain, HSS,
- FV-Lock (setting via camera menu), red-eye reduction, slow sync. / Sony: first curtain, HSS, FEL-Lock (setting via camera menu)
- AF assistant: Working range from 0.7 to 5m
- Service: LCD color panel and control wheel
- HSS: 1 / 8,000 sec.
- Equipment: Flash stand, filter holder, wide-angle diffuser
- Dimensions: 125 x 75 x 140mm
- Weight: 520 grams (without batteries)