Nikon has officially announced the Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S lens with a selling price of $2,296.95 after recent rumors. This is the second Nikon lens to be released this year for mirrorless full-frame Nikon Z series, following the Nikkor 14-30mm f/4 S lens was unveiled at the CES2019 event earlier this year.
With the largest aperture of F2.8, the Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S mid-range zoom lens can be used for a wide range genres, from portraits, casual photos and landscapes. In general, a goal appreciated by amateur and professional photographers who try to minimize the number of optics dedicated to cameras with full frame sensors.
Nikon says: If you can carry only one lens with you, the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f / 2.8 S offers the ideal combination of compact and professional performance. Every component of a scene is reproduced perfectly and the total protection from the weather conditions prepares this objective to be used everywhere.
Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S Features
- There are 2 ED elements and 4 aspherical elements that ensure excellent resolution, even at the edge of the image at the largest aperture.
- Using proprietary coating technology including: ARNEO and NANO coating reduces the ghosting effect and lightening, for sharp images. Fluorine coating has the ability to reduce dirt and water adhesion and is easy to clean.
- Compact and easy to carry compared to the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR series lenses for DSLR cameras, but the image quality is still excellent.
- Use STM system and multi-point capture system to help capture autofocus quickly, smoothly and accurately when shooting videos and taking pictures.
- The design adds a control ring to adjust the aperture without causing noise during video shooting, in quiet situations and to compensate for exposure.
- The electronic aperture allows for very precise aperture adjustment.
- You can assign additional functions to the L-Fn utility button.
- A small frame for displaying aperture information, focusing distance, depth of field.
Compared to Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8E ED VR lenses, the Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S lens is sold at a price of $2,296.95, $100 more and is already up for pre-order via Bhphotovideo.com and Amazon.com online stores.
Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S Specifications
- Dimensions of 89 x 126 mm
- Weight of 805g
- Mount: Nikon Z (Full-Frame)
- 35mm Full Frame
- Maximum aperture: f/2.8
- Minimum aperture: f/22
- Focal Length: 24 to 70mm
- 17 Elements in 15 Groups
- Two ED Elements
- Four Aspherical Elements
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
- ARNEO and Nano Crystal Coatings
- Angle of View: 84° to 34° 20′
- Maximum magnification: 0.22x
- Multi-Focus Stepping Motor AF System
- Programmable Control Ring
- Information OLED Panel and L.Fn Button
- Weather-Sealed Design, Fluorine Coating
- Focusing range: 1.25′ / 38 cm
- Front filter: 82 mm