Nikon D500 DSLR Camera has been officially announced, a flagship device in Nikon DX line. The launch of the new Nikon D500 DX-Format Digital SLR camera is quite secret until the release date, there is no information about it in recent years. The Nikon D500 has been priced at $1,996.95 for Body only and $3,066.95 for the body + AF-S DX NIKKOR 16-80mm f/2.8-4E ED VR lens. The Nikon D500 can be pre-ordered from Amazon and B&H photovideo online e-commerce shop and will be released on March 15, 2016.The Nikon D500 is the successor to the Nikon D300s has stopped Dx line production long time ago. It is upgraded with new technologies similar to his senior D5 Nikon camera such as advanced Multi-CAM 20K autofocus system with TTL phase detection, 153 focus points, 99 cross-type sensors and 15 sensors that support f/8, of which 55 (35 cross-type) sensors, and 9 f/8 sensors are available for selection.
It comes equipped with a 20.9-megapixel CMOS sensor enables high-resolution 4K UHD or full HD 1080p video recording with the utmost clarity, low noise, and smooth color gradations. It has a large 3.2-inch LCD touch screen display with 2,359k pixels; pentaprism optical viewfinder with 100 percent coverage. Along with EXPEED 5 image processor to provide native sensitivity to ISO 51,200, as well as expanded to 1,640,000 for shooting in even low light conditions. User can easily record 4K UHD video at 30/25/24p fps and full HD 1080p video at 60/50/30/25/24p fps.
This Nikon Digital SLR also packs in high continuous shooting speed of 10 fps at full resolution, low of 1- 9 fps, and a medium of 3 fps. Enhanced buffer capacity allows you to record up to 200 frames or 79 14-bit uncompressed files. On connectivity front, includes built-in SnapBridge Wi-Fi, BLE – Bluetooth and NFC connectivity to paired with smartphones and other devices.
Nikon D500 Specifications:
- Dimensions of 147 x 115 x 81 mm
- Weight of 860g
- Touch Screen LCD Display of 3.2-inches, 2,359,000 pixels
- 20.9-megapixel APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Maximum resolution of 5568 x 3712 pixels
- Expeed 5 Image Processor
- Mid-size SLR
- Auto ISO 100 – 51200 (expandable to 50 – 1640000)
Video recording: 4K UHD at 30 fps, 25 fps, 24 fps / Full HD at 24 fps, 25 fps, 30 fps, 50 fps, 60 fps / 1280 x 720 at 50 fps, 60 fps
- Autofocus 153 points,
- Pentaprism Optical Viewfinder coverage of 100%
- Shutter speed – Min. 30 sec. Max. 1/8000 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed – 10.0 fps
- Connectivity of SnapBridge Wi-Fi, BLE – Bluetooth, NFC, GPS, Micro-USB 3.0, Microphone port, Headphone port, SD/SDHC/SDXC/ UHS-II card + XQD, mini-HDMI port
- EN-EL15 Battery up to 1240 shots