Along with the Echo Spot, Amazon has launched a new Fire TV 2017 with a much more compact design than the old box. A new device will now support 4K HDR video with 2160p resolution at 60 frames per second. It has Dolby Atmos integration and an Alexa voice remote.
New Fire TV can be attached directly to the TV via HDMI and it holds the flexible cable with it, similar to Google Chromecast. It is now more powerful thanks to 1.5GHz quad-core processor. Included with the product is a remote that allows you to interact with your voice not only with Fire TV but also with other devices in the house as long as they are compatible with Alexa’s Voice Assistant.
New Amazon Fire TV 2017 Specifications
- Dimensions of 65.0 x 65.0 x 15.0 mm
- Weight of 87.1g
- 1.5 GHz Quad-core Processor
- Amlogic Chip
- Mali450 MP3 GPU
- 2GB of RAM
- Internal memory of 8GB
- Video: 2160p, 1080p, and 720p up to 60 fps, HDR-10. H.265, H.264
- Connectivity of Dual-band 802.11ac WiFi MIMO, Bluetooth 4.1 LE
- Ports: HDMI output, Micro USB (for power only)
- Audio: Dolby Atmos, 7.1 surround sound, 2ch stereo, and HDMI audio pass through up to 5.1
If you do not like to use remote, you can also use the app on your smartphone. New Fire TV price starting from $69.99, and it is now available for pre-order from Amazon.com and will ship starting October 25, 2017.