Microsoft Surface Go was officially introduced in recent hours, confirming the recent spread rumors on the web. The 2-in-1 device from the Redmond house is enriched by a new model that arrives on the market with a well-defined target audience: yes aimed at the consumer, corporate, and educational sector aiming for a particularly low price.
The new Surface Go prices starting at $399 and you can get the high-end version at $549. It is available for pre-order in a few countries starting July 10 and will start shipping on August 2. It is clear that the Microsoft will compete with the leader of the tablet industry, or iPad, also available in an economic version with support for Apple Pencil.
Microsoft Surface Go Features
Surface Go features a 10-inch display with 3:2 format and a resolution of 1800 x 1200 pixels, thus returning to a diagonal that had been abandoned in the most recent production of the Surface range. The 2-in-1 features of the integrated kickstand, tiltable without particular constraints – can take any angle, like the older brothers – a front camera with support for face recognition functions, and a proprietary format connector to perform charging operations and connect the device to the dock.
There is a presence of a USB-C 3.1 connector that allows you to charge the tablet and transfer video and data to an external device. Like all the models of the Surface line, there is no lack of support for the Surface Pen and the ability to maximize the potential of the product, using the Type Cover. The trackpad is even wider than the Surface Pro, the keys are scissor type and have a 1mm stroke.
Inside the body is the Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y processor, depending on the configurations, a quantity of RAM of 4GB or 8GB, and 64GB or 128GB of storage. The seventh-generation Intel CPU is based on a dual-core architecture and should ensure a right mix of performance, consumption and thermal dissipation, it is noted that Surface Go is a 2-in-1 device with fanless design, so its disposes of heat without any need for more or less noisy fans. The LTE module will also be included in the hardware configuration. However, this configuration will not be available immediately after launch, but will come later this year – still to be clarified in which markets.
Microsoft Surface Go Specifications
- Dimensions of 245mm x 175mm x 8.3mm
- Weight of 520g without keyboard, 770g with keyboard
- 10-inch Touchscreen Display, 3:2 aspect ratio, 216ppi
- Resolution of 1800 x 1200 pixels
- Rear Camera of 8 mega pixels
- Front Camera of 5 mega pixels compatible with Windows Hello
- Windows 10 Home S
- 1.6GHz quad-core Processor
- Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y Processor
- Intel HD 615 GPU
- 4GB or 8GB of 1866MHz LPDDR3 RAM
- Internal memory of 64GB eMMC, 128 SSD
- Connectivity of 1 USB-C 3.1, microSD slot (supports up to 1TB card), Surface Connect, headphone jack, 802.11 a / b / g / n / ac WiFi, Bluetooth 4.1, 4G LTE (optional)
- Fanless design, Surface Pen support (4096 levels of pressure), TMP 2.0
- Audio: dual front speaker, with Dolby Audio Premium support
- Battery: up to 9 hours