LG Q7, Q7+, and Q7α smartphones are now official. The South Korean company has just announced the three new smartphones that go to make up the Q7 product family, which collects the legacy of the LG Q6 and enriches it with many new features from LG’s high-end smartphones.
All three Q7 devices are distinguished by the adoption of a completely metal body and a high degree of resistance, guaranteed by the IP68 and military MIL-STD 810G certifications. Therefore, these are particularly solid smartphones that do not give up the presence of a 5.5-inch FullHD+ 18:9 display, powered by an unspecified Octa-core SoC with frequencies of 1.5GHz or 1.8GHz depending on the model. Also present 3GB / 4GB of RAM and 32GB / 64GB of expandable storage. Among other common specs, we find the 3000mAh battery and runs Android 8.0 Oreo OS out of the box.
LG Q7+ is the most powerful of the trio and also offers a high-quality HiFi DAC that joins the DTS: X 3D Surround support (via headphones) also on the other two.
For optics, the Q7 offers support for advanced features such as portrait mode (both front and back) and QLens, the recognition software that uses the LG camera to recognize the objects framed to be able to buy online on the fly. As for the hardware, however, we find a single 13MP rear camera with PDAF (16MP on Q7+), and an 8MP or 5MP front-facing camera. The variants with the 5MP camera also offer a 100-degree wide angle for group selfie.
Finally, we report that the rear fingerprint sensor offers the possibility to use different gestures, which allow the quick capture of screenshots or the management of the notification. There is also the Face unlock, Qualcomm Quick Charge (50% in 30 minutes) and the adoption of a 2.5D glass for the front.
At the moment, not a single word on pricing of these three smartphones, however, their distribution will start from early June in Europe and comes in three colors: Morrocan Blue, Lavender Violet and Aurora Black.
LG Q7, Q7+ and Q7α Specifications
- Dimensions of 143.8 x 69.3 x 8.4mm
- Weight of 145g
- FullVision Display of 5.5 inches with 442ppi
- Resolution of 2160 c 1080 pixels
- Rear Camera of 16MP (Q7+) / 13MP (Q7 and Q7α) with PDAF and LED Flash
- Front Camera of 8MP / 5MP with 100-degree Super Wide Angle lens
- Android 8.0 Oreo operating system
- 1.5 GHz / 1.8 GHz Octa-core Processor
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage (Q7 and Q7α) / 4GB RAM with 64GB storage (Q7+)
- Expandable memory up to 2TB
- Hi-Fi audio, DTS:X 3D Surround, Hi-Fi Quad DAC (Q7+ only)
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP68) MIL-STD 810G certified
- Connectivity of 4G VoLTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, USB C 2.0
- Battery capacity of 3000mAh with fast charging
- Dual SIM