The name of this new camera Leica Q Typ 116 and was produced to compete with the Sony RX1. This camera has a same design as Leica M Monochrome with black casing made of magnesium alloy, but the smaller size.
According to leak, the Leica Q Type 116 is a compact camera will have a 24 megapixel full-frame sensor with attached lens is Summilux 1:1.7/28mm ASPH, EVF electronic viewfinder very high resolution (up to 3.68 million pixels). The only one hurdle to make this camera very difficult to compete with the Sony RX1 is its selling price.
The Leica Camera often very expensive and prices are expected for this camera around $4,500.
Leica Q Specifications: (leak)
- 24 megapixel CMOS Full Frame sensor
- Maestro II image processor
- Summilux lens 1: 1.7 / 28mm ASPH
- Maximum ISO 50000
- Continuous shooting: 10fps
- EVF Electronic Viewfinder resolution of 3.68 million pixels
- Full HD 1080p video recording
- Built-in WiFi – Remote control from smartphones and tablets
- Magnesium alloy body
- LCD touch screen
- Focus Peaking with manual focus