Leica has launched a new Rangefinder Camera called the Leica M-E (Typ 240) into the M family. This is considered an affordable version for the majority, who want to join the Leica M family, but cannot reach the M10-P, still retains all the qualities that make the Leica’s famous camera line.
M-E (Typ 240) still has the familiar design of the M series, classic and simple. In terms of configuration, this rangefinder camera still has a 24MP full-frame sensor, but the ISO range is only between 200 and 6400. It has the ability to record Full-HD videos, 3fps continuous shooting, and 3″ 920k pixel LCD screen with a 0.68x-magnification viewfinder. Compared to the M10P, it loses in ISO range and continuous shooting speed, but has a red logo, the same M series and Leica said ME is also compatible with most lenses for its mount that it has ever produced.
Leica M-E (Typ 240) Specifications
- Dimensions of 139 x 42 x 80 mm
- Weight of 680g
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot LCD Screen
- 24 megapixels Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- Maximum resolution of 5952 x 3976 pixels
- Leica Maestro Image Processor
- Auto ISO 200-6400 (Extended: 100 to 6400)
- Full HD recording 1920×1020 pixels @ 25fps.
- Manual Focus
- Optical 0.68x-Magnification Viewfinder
- Shutter speed – Min. 60 sec. Max. 1/4000 sec
- Continuous Shooting Speed – 3.0 fps
- BP-SCL2 1800mAh Battery
Price and Availability
Leica M-E (Typ 240) price has been set at $3,995 and it can be pre-ordered through Bhphotovideo.com and will be available at the end of July 2019.