With the WAVESTATION in the early 90s, KORG introduced a completely new form of synthesis that had never before been able to produce animated synthesizer sounds. The Wavestate Synthesizer picks up on the original idea of wave sequencing and combines it with numerous modern features, a huge sample selection, versatile modulation options, programmable real-time controls, random functions and effects in studio quality – wave sequencing 2.0 is here at NAMM 2020!
In a compact housing with 37 keys in a standard size, the Wavestate Synthesizer offers, in addition to a large, graphics-capable display, numerous controllers, buttons, and switches with which the previously programmed wave sequences can be processed in real-time. The possibility of playing up to four different wave sequences simultaneously, which in turn can all have their own effects and modulations, opens up new tonal dimensions.
Classic and modern functions such as the Vector joystick to mix the individual voices of the four Layers and modulate any other parameter. The KRONOS known Smooth Sound Transition, which does not let the played sounds tear off even after switching the sound, as well as the possibility to create your own set lists to help you be able to call up the required sounds at the push of a button makes the Wavestate Synth a versatile all-purpose tool for stage and studio.
With its polyphony of 64 stereo voices, 12 different filter models (including MS-20 and Polysix), 14 simultaneous effects, a sample pool of several gigabytes, 4 arpeggiators, 3 envelopes (+ vector envelope), 3 LFOs and depending on Length of the wave sequences used over 1,000 modulation targets, the Wavestate Synthesizer provides impressive possibilities, which are further emphasized by the new Wave Sequencing 2.0.
The combination of animated and cinematic sounds and direct intervention options via numerous real-time controllers makes the Wavestate Synthesizer a real sound tinkerer for producers, live keyboards players as well as film and gaming composers.
Korg Wavestate Synthesizer Features
- Digital synthesizer with wave sequencing 2.0
- Independent synthesis form with numerous possibilities for real-time interventions
- 37 velocity-sensitive standard keys
- Up to 4 lanes (= wave sequences with their own effects and modulations) can be played simultaneously
- Vector joystick for morphing between 4 different lanes
- 12 different filter models (including MS-20 and Polysix)
- Up to 14 effects can be used simultaneously
- Huge sample pool (several gigabytes)
- Polyphony: 64 stereo voices
- Smooth sound transition
- Setlist function
- Over 1,000 different modulation targets (depending on the length of the wave sequence used)
- 3 envelopes + vector envelope
- 3 LFOs
- 2 modulation processors
- Ex-works over 240 performances, 740 programs, and 1000 wave sequences
- Storage space for several thousand user performances
Price and Availability
Korg Wavestate Digital Wave Sequencing Synthesizer has been priced at $799.99 and it can be pre-ordered through Bhphotovideo.com online store.