The Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 lens has been officially announced, although the manufacturer does not provide further information regarding pricing and availability.
The new Canon EF lens became the third full-frame cinematographic lens of the Irix series. Its features include a mid-range focal length, based on a completely new optical design which includes four elements made of high refraction glass, one extra-low dispersion lens, and one aspherical lens. 11 elements in 9 groups and an ultra-low – 0,5% distortion. The circular 9-blade iris for the background blur and a smooth adjustment of the T- number from 1.5 to 22.[Also see Tokina atx-i 11-16mm f/2.8 CF Lens for Canon EF and Nikon F Mounts]
This new Sony e mount lens designed for shooting with Ultra HD 8K cinema cameras. A front housing element which has a diameter of 95mm and a built-in 86mm filter thread. It also provides a magnetic mount for the reversible lens hood and for future Irix Cine accessories as well as Arri camera.
Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 lens Features
- Mid-range focal length with field of view 51,4°Suitable for shooting with Ultra HD 8K resolution cameras
- High-quality optical elements – 11 elements in 9 groups. HR, XLD, ASP produced in Japan
- High maximum transmittance value of T1.5 up to T22
- Standardized 0.8 Pitch Mod Cine Gears
- Very low distortion -0.5%
- Sealed construction prepared for all weather conditions
- Compatibility with standard follow-focus systems and lens control motors
- Front filter thread size 86 x 1.0 mm
- Standard 95mm front diameter for cine accessories
- Equipped with a support foot
- Irix Magnetic Mount System
- Focus scale available in metric or imperial units
- Laser engraved markings filled with UV paint
- Durable magnesium-aluminum alloy
- Weight 1.1 kilograms / 2.42lbs
The lens will be offered with Canon EF, Sony E, MFT, and Arri PL mounts. The manufacturer promises to name prices and start pre-orders in the near future.