Irix has now announced the price for its new Irix 45mm T1.5 cinema lens, which was announced back in October 2019. This lens was the third of a series of Cine lenses of the manufacturer, in which Irix Cine 150mm T3 and Irix Cine 11mm T4.3 were previously introduced.
Price and Availability
- Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 Canon EF Mount Lens for $1195
- Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 Sony E Mount Lens for $1,195
- Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 Arri PL Mount Lens for $1,295
The new Canon EF lens became the third full-frame cinematographic lens of the Irix series. Its features include a mid-range focal length, based on a completely new optical design which includes four elements made of high refraction glass, one extra-low dispersion lens, and one aspherical lens. 11 elements in 9 groups and an ultra-low – 0,5% distortion. The circular 9-blade iris for the background blur and a smooth adjustment of the T- number from 1.5 to 22.
This new Sony e mount lens designed for shooting with Ultra HD 8K cinema cameras. A front housing element which has a diameter of 95mm and a built-in 86mm filter thread. It also provides a magnetic mount for the reversible lens hood and for future Irix Cine accessories as well as Arri camera.
Irix Cine 45mm T1.5 lens Features
- Mid-range focal length with field of view 51,4°Suitable for shooting with Ultra HD 8K resolution cameras
- High-quality optical elements – 11 elements in 9 groups. HR, XLD, ASP produced in Japan
- High maximum transmittance value of T1.5 up to T22
- Standardized 0.8 Pitch Mod Cine Gears
- Very low distortion -0.5%
- Sealed construction prepared for all weather conditions
- Compatibility with standard follow-focus systems and lens control motors
- Front filter thread size 86 x 1.0 mm
- Standard 95mm front diameter for cine accessories
- Equipped with a support foot
- Irix Magnetic Mount System
- Focus scale available in metric or imperial units
- Laser engraved markings filled with UV paint
- Durable magnesium-aluminum alloy
- Weight 1.1 kilograms / 2.42lbs