Ubisoft has announced Ghost Recon: Breakpoint, a military shooter set in an open, hostile and mysterious world, playable solo or co-op with three other players. An exclusive Epic Game Store title will arrive on October 4 also on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Somewhere in the South Pacific lies the remote Auroa Archipelago, a vast land of diverse biomes that range from lush rainforests to snowy peaks. Now, it’s home to Skell Technology, an enigmatic technology giant. Initially interested in a remote testing site for its autonomous drones, the Silicon Valley company eventually turned Auroa into its “World 2.0,” a high-tech, high-security utopia of sustainable eco-cities and robotics research.
In Ghost Recon: Breakpoint you will have to do everything possible to survive in extreme conditions by exploiting your abilities, you will face ruthless enemies who have deserted the army and will be able to take control of land, sea and air vehicles to explore settlements freely, the roads and nature of Auroa.
The world of Auroa can be explored either solo or along side friends with Ghost Recon’s best in class seamless jump in jump out co-op. There are no restrictions on when teammates can join you and all progression is maintained across the squad.
Take on the Wolves in the main story or explore Auroa together to complete the many diverse side activities the open world has to offer.
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint will also feature competitive PvP multiplayer where your squad can test their skill against other Ghosts in short high-action game modes.
The new adventure can be faced solo or in cooperative mode and in the new social HUB you will be able to meet other players with whom to face the campaign and access the PVP arena characterized by clashes 4 against 4. Confirmed the presence of shared progress between the PvE and PvP modes where it will be possible to use the same character that can be customized in every aspect: from the appearance to the abilities, with thousands of possible combinations, all accompanied by a new system of classes through which to specialize in stealth, range or assault.
Beta, Special Editions, and Post-launch Content
Ghost Recon: Breakpoint will be supported by post-launch content that will be published every 4 months and will expand the story, introduce new special events, weapons, equipment, modes, and missions.
In addition to the Standard Edition, the title will be available in 4 other editions: Collector, Ultimate and Gold Edition, which will guarantee a series of contents including 3-day early access. The release of beta has also been confirmed, although the release date has not yet been announced.
The registrations to request a preview of the new Ubisoft title are open on the official website of Ghost Recon (Link in Source) while those who book one of the five editions of the game will receive a code that will guarantee access to the beta.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint Features
- INJURY SYSTEM: Now when your Ghost takes damage they may also become injured. These injuries will slow you down and reduce your combat effectiveness requiring additional time and resources to heal your Ghost back up to peak fighting condition.
- TERRAIN AND STAMINA: Traversing the world of Auroa will push your Ghost to their limits. Steep slopes will make you slip and fall, traversing water will slow you down, and snow will plow in your wake. Properly managing your stamina will be essential to surviving and fighting back.
- THE BIVOUAC: Trapped behind enemy lines The Bivouac is a temporary camp where you and your fellow Ghosts will rest and prepare for the next mission. Clean your weapons, change classes, craft items, upgrade gear, and more then select desired time of day and weather before venturing back out.
- BUDDY CARRY: Leave no man behind. When an ally is down and needs help instead of giving medical attention in the middle of a firefight you can quickly sling them over your shoulder and move to safety to get them back on their feet.
- STEALTH: Use all your training and skills to infiltrate or evade your enemies as they hunt you without mercy.
- PRONE BLENDING: As a Ghost you can disappear into your environment making you nearly invisible to your enemies. Use this feature to setup an ambush or avoid detection when cover is not available.
- ADVANCED ENEMY AI: The Wolves and their allies are experienced elite soldiers and will communicate amongst themselves to hunt you down if detected. With a wide variety of AI archetypes and behaviors no two encounters will be the same.
- ADAPTIVE COVER: An innovative cover system will automatically adapt your Ghost’s body position to match available cover and execute advanced tactics such as leaning to aim around corners.
|Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint - PlayStation 4||No ratings yet||$59.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint - Xbox One||No ratings yet||$59.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Steelbook Gold Edition - PlayStation 4||No ratings yet||$109.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint Steelbook Gold Edition - Xbox One||No ratings yet||$109.99||Buy on Amazon|