GDU, a developer of portable, powerful, professional drones, launches its all-new multi-purpose industrial drone named GDU SAGA at CES 2019 in Las Vegas. It is a foldable drone comes with a very compact size and industrial strength.
This new GDU drone can carry a load of up to 2.2lbs along with an HD 4K camera, both a 10X and 30X optical zoom camera, and a quality infrared camera. It can be also attached to a floodlights loudspeaker, and release canisters for whatever challenge you face.
The open platform empowers businesses to customize their own designs, software, payload and computing of the open-platform for a truly unique and exclusive experience. The GDU SAGA’s infrared camera is unrivaled. GDU has secured an unobstructed supply-chain for all of its cutting edge infrared technology that has been tested time and time again.
It is also wind resistant and rainproof, not only is the infrared camera incredibly accurate resulting in balanced and reliable images, but it can also detect heat signatures between -20°K and 150 °K with a 20mK NETD (800 X 600 resolution, 50Hz frame rate).
The combined features of both the open platform and infrared camera can be used for a variety industrial tasks including inspecting power lines, oil pipes, wind turbines, surveying infrastructure, security surveillance, construction site mapping, as well as crop monitoring to enable precision agriculture.
With an automatic focus button and dedicated micro-focus combined with the adjustable contrast and brightness functionality, the infrared camera creates the most realistic images known to drone technology, today. World-class gimbal orientation enables users to change perspectives quickly, making it ideal for multi-purpose industrial performance.
GDU SAGA Drone Features
- 10km HD video transmission in real time
- GPS based outdoor hovering; Also supports RTK-GPS; Optical flow and ultrasonic height determination, for smooth, safe indoor hovering;
- Binocular stereo vision flight function with intelligent and automatic obstacle avoidance
- Intelligent 12000 mAh, 14.8V battery for an extended flight time up to 39 min
- Target tracking, so it follows an identified target at a specified distance, offering users a complete visualization experience
- Ascent speed up to 5m/s with a flight altitude of over 3500m and a horizontal flight speed of 15m/s
- Ambient operating temperature between -20°K to 50°K so it can be used in blistering
cold or extreme heat
SAGA drone also has three flight modes: Standard GPS mode, Sports GPS mode, and Altitude mode where it retains its 15m/s maximum speed while the GPS and the visual ultrasonic system are switched from positioning to altitude stabilization.
It comes with the GDU Flight App enables functions such as flight control, picture taking and video recording, route planning, parameter setting, real-time flight weather conditions, and more.