In this constantly updated guide, we will propose the best gaming routers for your needs. We will offer you the best models currently available on the market and we will help you analyze the aspects to be taken into consideration at the time of purchase.
The need for a high performance router has increased a lot in recent times, especially in the gaming world. The ever-increasing bandwidth required for both multimedia content such as streaming and gaming, has led to the demand for this type of product. It is essential to have a gaming router that allows you to have an excellent coverage and a good stable connection that can guarantee the best gaming experience. In this guide we will propose the best gaming routers available on the market today. In addition, we will also explain what are the characteristics and aspects to take into account when buying a product of this kind.
The routers act as repeaters of the signal received from the modem, which takes care of the connection of our PC to the Internet. For this reason you should consider purchasing a product that performs both the router and modem functions. In this guide there are only models that meet this feature. Obviously, there are some aspects to consider before proceeding with the purchase of a gaming router. They are few, but fundamental and require a certain awareness of the end user.
Gigabit Ethernet ports
The Ethernet ports are used to connect the PC gaming or your console to the router via wire. It is important to have enough, so as to avoid disconnecting and reconnecting the various cables. Obviously, it is advisable to purchase routers supporting Gigabit ports. It will seem obvious, but in many products, especially in the medium-low range, the doors of the previous generation are still installed, which allow you to reach only 100 Mbps. In addition, it is advisable to connect the PC to the Internet via cable because the wired connections are much more stable than the wireless connections.
Another fundamental aspect to consider is the presence of Wi-Fi 802.11ac, which strongly affects the performance of your gaming router. This technology is much more stable and faster than the previous version, which is 802.11n. This is essential when you want to take full advantage of the 5 GHz band, such as streaming games from one device to another.
Single or Dual Band Router?
Dual band routers are now very popular and much more expensive than their single-band brothers. The main difference is the frequency of the transmission band. For single band devices, it is 2.4 GHz , while for the dual band it is 5 GHz.
Thanks to this new technology, you can enjoy faster data transmission and eliminate any interference. However, they provide less coverage than 2.4 GHz routers.
Port mapping and QoS functions
Routers that use Port Mapping and Quality of Service (QoS) functions are best suited for gaming use. In fact, these functions allow you to prioritize the flow of data related to gaming programs. In this way we will be able to fully enjoy the offered connection and get the maximum performance.
Below we offer our selection of the best gaming routers currently on the market. The products have been selected based on their technical characteristics and also based on the price at which they are sold. We are constantly updating our purchasing guides, in order to offer you always available products and also new releases.
|NETGEAR AC1200 Dual Band Smart WiFi Router, Fast Ethernet (R6120)||$52.00||Buy on Amazon|
It is a cheap dual band WiFi gaming router made by Netgear with an excellent quality and price ratio. It has 5 Ethernet ports, a USB port and a maximum speed of 300+ 867 Mbps. Furthermore, it also guarantees excellent coverage in a very big house. This model is optimized to offer a good experience in online gaming and streaming of multimedia content. The build quality is very good, in line with the price at which it is offered to the public.
TP-Link Archer VR400
|TP-LINK Archer VR400 Dual-band (2.4 GHz / 5 GHz) Gigabit Ethernet Black 3G 4G||No ratings yet||$192.00||Buy on Amazon|
This TP-Link modem router is a good product. The strength of this model is the very affordable price. It is equipped with 4 Ethernet ports, including a Gigabit, an ADSL port and a USB 2.0 port. This is a dual band router that is capable of reaching 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz and 867 Mbps on 5 GHz. The integrated DSL port supports the most common standard DSL connections, including VDSL2, ADSL2 +, ADSL2 and ADSL.
A dedicated application is available for iOS and Android devices, which allows you to manage all the functions of the router directly from your smartphone quickly and easily. Furthermore, it is compatible with 3G and 4G connections.
|ASUS 802.11ac Wireless-AC750 Dual-Band Router (RT-AC52U)||from $109.99||Buy on Amazon|
This is a mid-range gaming router made by ASUS. It is equipped with 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and a USB 2.0 port. Thanks to the simultaneous dual band you can reach the maximum speed of 433 Mbps on 5 GHz and 300 Mbps on 2.4 GHz, allowing you to enjoy a really good final experience. This router is compatible with VDSL2, ADSL2 / 2 +, ADSL and fiber services. One of the strengths of this model is the price at which it is sold, especially when compared to its direct competitors in the same price range.
The build quality is really excellent, typical of the products made by the company. In addition, this model also offers full support for 3G and 4G connections. Support for VPN customers and for those managing a PPTP / Open VPN server is very welcome.
ASUS DSL-AC68UB00FL1IFM8: B00FL1IFM8 is not a valid value for ItemId. Please change this value and retry your request.
This ASUS dual band AC gaming router has 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and a USB 3.0 port. The simultaneous dual band guarantees a speed of 1300 Mbps on 5 GHz and 600 Mbps on 2.4 GHz, for a maximum speed of 1,900 Mbps. Of course, support for ADSL2 / 2 +, ADSL, VDSL2, fiber and cable networks is available.
Furthermore, there is the dedicated ASUS Router App software, which guarantees full customization of your network preferences. This gaming router is particularly suitable for those looking for a product that allows you to stream 4K content and play online games with maximum performance.
|ASUS RT-AC5300 AC5300 Tri-Band WiFi Gaming Router, MU-MIMO, AiProtection Lifetime Security by Trend...||$261.99||Buy on Amazon|
It is a real monster made by ASUS. This 802.11 AC Wi-Fi router offers you maximum performance. Not mono or even dual, but it offers you the beauty of 5.334 Mbps in tri-band. All of this, including Broadcom NitroQAM technology, allows you to play your favorite titles with low latency and get the best performance.
There are 4 Gigabit Ethernet ports and a USB 3.0 port. In addition, Adaptive QoS technology allows us to prioritize bandwidth and data traffic to gaming-related applications. Obviously we will have to have an internet connection worthy of this router, otherwise it is a completely useless purchase. This product is also perfect for streaming high-resolution content. The build quality is really excellent, worthy product in this price range.
Best-selling gaming routers on Amazon
- Minimize ping and maximize performance with four 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports for lag-free, wired connectivity and 1.7 GHz dual-core processor network efficiency
- Amp up your WiFi with AC2600 dual-band router that delivers blazing fast speeds up to 2.6 Gbps
- Put your gaming traffic in a designated express lane with advanced Quality of Service, bypassing network congestion and reducing lag spikes, jumps and jitters
- Make every millisecond count by using geo-filtering to connect to the closest servers and players so you can respond and dominate
- Monitor your network and game ping in real time so you can see who's hogging the bandwidth by device and application
- Leading-edge 1.8 GHz 64-bit quad-core CPU accelerates loading
- Dynamic optimization prioritizes traffic to eradicate latency
- AC5400 tri-band Wi-Fi over one 2.4 GHz and two 5 GHz bands
- MU-MIMO and Airtime Fairness maximize total throughput and response rates
- RangeBoost strengthens reception and beamforming sends targeted Wi-Fi to keep devices connected at farther distances than other routers
- FAST WiFi PERFORMANCE: Get up to 1500 sq ft wireless coverage with AC1750 speed (Dual band up to 450 + 1300 Mbps).
- RECOMMENDED FOR UP TO 25 DEVICES: Reliably stream videos, play games, surf the internet, and connect smart home devices.
- WIRED ETHERNET PORTS: Plug in computers, game consoles, streaming players, and other nearby wired devices with 4 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- LOADED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Designed with a 1GHz dual core processor, 3 amplified antennas, Beamforming+, Dynamic QoS, Smart Connect, and more.
- USB CONNECTIONS: Share a storage drive or printer with any connected device or create a personal cloud storage to access from anywhere, using the 1 x 3.0 USB port.
- Tri-band (Dual 5 GHz, single 2. 4 GHz) with the latest 802. 11AC 4x4 technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5, 000 sq. Ft. )
- Mu-memo technology enables multiple compatible clients to connect at each client's respective maximum speed. Supports every operating System, including Windows, Mac OS and Linux
- Built-in ACCESS to Waist gamers private network (GPN) of route-optimized servers ensures low, stable ping times for gaming
- A protection powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection from vulnerability detection to protecting sensitive data
- ASUS Smart Connect delivers consistent bandwidth by dynamically switching devices between 2. 4 and 5 GHz bands based on speed, load and signal strength ; NOTE : Refer the user manual . . WAN Connection Type: Internet connection type : Automatic IP, Static IP, Pepo(MPPE supported), PPTP, L2TP
- Triple-level game acceleration - accelerate game traffic With device, game packet and game server prioritization
- Cutting edge hardware offers the best performance - 1.8GHz Quad-Core cpu and 2.5G gaming port for ultimate performance.
- Your own gaming mesh network - Compatible with ASUS AiMesh Wi-Fi system for seamless whole-home coverage.
- ASUS wrt enables support for open, advanced monitoring and control which includes device bandwidth utilization as well as device or usage prioritization.
- ASUS AiProtection security to neutralize internet threats before they hit your network.
- Wireless internet router works with Alexa, compatible with all Wi-Fi devices, 802. 11AC and older
- Dual band router upgrades to 1750 Mbps high speed internet(450mbps for 2. 4GHz + 1300Mbps for 5GHz), reducing buffering and ideal for 4K streaming Comparable to the router NETGEAR R6700
- 3 external antennas for long range Wi-Fi
- Gigabit Router with 4 Gigabit LAN ports, fast access to multiple connected wired devices, Ideal as a gaming router
- Integrated USB port acts as a media server, easily share your USB drive content
- The first router purpose-built to prioritize gaming
- The Killer Prioritization Engine identifies, prioritizes and accelerates gaming network traffic above all else, to reduce peak ping by up to 77%*
- Synchronizes with Killer-enabled PCs--from brands such as Alienware, Gigabyte, MSI and Razer
- Promotes simultaneous high-speed data processing
- The WRT32X gives you dominating Next-Gen AC Wi-Fi speeds up to 3.2 Gbps that keep you at the top of your game
- Tri-band (dual 5 GHz, single 2.4 GHz) AC5300 wireless router with the latest 802.11ac 4x4 MU-MIMO technology for maximum throughput (5334 Mbps) and coverage (up to 5,000 sq. ft.)
- 1.8GHz 64bit Quad-Core processor maximizes data throughput from 8-ports and dual USB 3.0 for optimizing network traffic and connectivity speeds 3. VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- VPN Fusion enables you to run a VPN and ordinary internet connection simultaneously, effectively maximizing your connection speed to gaming servers (available via firmware update)
- Game IPS Powered by Trend Micro provides multi-stage protection for your gaming network from external attacks and threats, neutralizing them before they reach your network or devices
- ROG Game Dashboard gives you access to exclusive features like Game Boost, Game IPS, VPN Fusion, and route-optimized low ping time gaming servers using WTFast Gamers Private Network (GPN) - all to help you optimize your gaming network
- RAZER FASTRACK: Prioritizes applications and devices for high-speed gaming and streaming
- MULTI-CHANNEL ZEROWAIT DFS TECHNOLOGY: For reliable, lag-free performance
- HYBRID WIRELESS MESH AND DEDICATED BACKHAUL CHANNEL: Widespread coverage with maximum performance
- SELF-OPTIMIZING NETWORK AND SWARM INTELLIGENCE: For a congestion-free connection
- APP AND SMART SOFTWARE SUPPORT: iOS and Android app with advanced features like guest network and security controls
- ETHERNET PORT CONFIGURATION: 8 Gigabit ports
- CONFIGURATION & CONTROL: Management software with easy-to-use GUI interface offers basic capabilities to configure, secure, and monitor your network
- MODERN DESKTOP DESIGN: The "cool-touch" zinc-alloy outer housing matches its high gaming performance inside
- SILENT OPERATION: The fan less design means zero added noise wherever its located, making it ideal for noise-sensitive environments
- PEACE OF MIND WARRANTY: Covered by an industry-leading 3-year limited hardware warranty.Operating temperature:0° to 40°C (32° to 104°F)
We also offer you the top 10 best-selling gaming routers on Amazon. The list is kept constantly updated by the store itself. In addition, we advise you to keep an eye on the offers on gaming routers in this section.