Alongside the Fujifilm GF 45-100mm F4 R LM OIS WR Lens, Fujifilm has announced the budget Fujinon XC 35mm F2 lens. In fact, it is the new version of the XF 35mm F2 R WR lens.
It has a plastic mount, robust construction and has neither an aperture ring nor weather sealing (the ‘R’ and ‘WR’ in the XF version’s name, respectively). However, it does feature the same optics as the XF version, so image quality should be comparable.
For those interested in expanding their Fujifilm X-T200 tool kit, the new XC 35mm F2 lens gives an equivalent to 52mm field of view on 35mm format. This new prime lens has two aspherical lens elements in six groups, quick AF operation, internal focus system and a stepping motor, which is used to drive the focusing elements quickly and accurately.
Fujifilm XC 35mm F2 Specifications
- Focal Length: 35mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 53mm)
- Maximum Aperture: F/2
- Minimum Aperture: F/16
- Lens Mount: FUJIFILM X
- Format Compatibility: APS-C
- Angle of View: 44.2°
- Maximum Magnification: 0.14x
- Minimum Focus Distance: 1.15′ / 35 cm
- Optical Design: 9 Elements in 6 Groups
- Diaphragm Blades: 9, Rounded
- Focus Type: Autofocus
- Filter Size: 43 mm (Front)
- Dimensions: 58.4 x 46.5 mm
- Weight: 130 g
Price and Availability
Fujinon XC 35mm F2 lens has been priced at $199 and it can also be available to pre-order through the Bhphotovideo.com online store.