Fujifilm on Tuesday launched a new Hybrid Digital instant camera, the Instax Mini LiPlay, at $159.95. The camera comes in three color options – Stone White, Elegant Black, and Blush Gold. It is compatible with INSTAX Mini Instant Film, allowing users to enjoy on-the-spot photo printing.
Like the recent Instax Square SQ10, the Fujifilm Instax Mini LiPlay hybrid instant film camera, it combines the features of an analog instant film camera with digital camera convenience in the smallest package possible. It doesn’t shoot straight to instant film like analog Instax cameras but instead uses a very small 1/5-inch digital image sensor that captures about 5MP images (2560 x 1920 pixel).
The Mini LiPlay has a 2.7-inch LCD screen, which allows you to choose which photos to print. And when, at most, you have 10 prints available in your camera at a time, this proves to be the most useful feature. You can also transfer your images and videos to your phone using Fujifilm’s Mini LiPlay app, there is a QR code is then available to be printed on the photo while a copy of the photo and QR code is uploaded via Bluetooth to the Mini LiPlay app. The Instant camera also comes with the audio button, it’s about attaching a voice memo to an image that can be scanned with a QR code.
The prints are small like those from other Instax Mini cameras at 3.4 by 2.1 inches (86 by 54 mm), though the actual image size is 2.4 by 1.8 inches (62 by 46 mm). You can also customize your pictures with up to six color filters and up to 30 frame options before you print.
Fujifilm Instax Mini LiPlay Specifications
- Dimensions of 82.5 x 122.9 x 36.7 mm
- Weight of 255g
- 2.7-inch 230k-dot TFT-LCD Display
- 4.9 Megapixel 1/5″ CMOS Sensor
- Maximum resolution of 2560×1920 pixels
- Accepts INSTAX Mini Instant Film
- Fixed 28mm f/2 Lens (35mm Equivalent)
- Auto ISO 100 to 1600
- App for Printing & Adding Filters/Frames
- Integrated Flash & Selfie Mirror
- Audio Recording with QR Code Playback
- Focus Range: 3.94″ to Infinity
- Shutter speed: 1/8000 to 1/4 Sec
- Connectivity: Bluetooth, microSD/microSDHC, USB 2.0 Micro-B
- Lithium-Ion Battery up to 100 shots
Price and Availability
As mentioned above, the Fujifilm Instax Mini LiPlay has been priced at $159.99, which is already listed on Bhphtovideo.com along with the pre-orders availability starts from June 14, 2019.