Facer, one of the most complete and the richest apps for creating Android Wear / Wear OS and Tizen watch faces, and now the new update allowing you to create watch face games. Facer calls it “Ambient Gaming” feature; the idea of playing games on a smartwatch is certainly not new, and they had already seen watch face with integrated video games – even at the time of Pebble.
As of now, at the time of launch, there are six titles available to play – three made by Facer itself and three by other developers. The complete list with downloading links are below:
- World Cup Shootout (scores virtual goals running in the real world)
- Your Beast Friend (sort of Tamagotchi)
- Dino Catcher (find the virtual dinosaurs walking in the real world)
- Rock, Paper, Scissors (come on, this is easy)
- Strawberry (crushes 5 strawberries in the shortest possible time)
- Jump Over (make the obstacle jump to a ball)
(Also see Best Smartwatch to Buy)
Facer notes that the games can take advantage of all the smartwatch sensors, such as heart rate, GPS, pedometer, and can vary based on information collected in real time world, such as the weather.