Good news at the NAMM 2020 for users of the omnipotent multi effects processor called Eventide H9000: Eventide offers the Pro Tools | HD Expansion Card, an optional expansion card with which the device H9000, which goes back to the Eventide Harmonizer such as the H9 Max Dark, is completely in AVID Pro Tools | HD can be integrated.
The Eventide H9000 appears on the DAW Pro Tools | HD as an audio interface with 16 or even 32 I/Os depending on the operating mode! Thus, the processor can be fully integrated into the hardware. So there is access to the 1600 effect algorithms of the H9000, which are operated (and automated) like a plug-in in Pro Tools but are calculated on the ARM-DSPs. As it should be for a highly professional device, the choice of synchronization options is high.
this Eventide effects processor designed to deliver efficient, versatile, and customizable audio processing for recording and mixing engineers in broadcast, film and music production, and live stage applications. Its four quad-core ARM DSP processors provide power for up to 16 simultaneous effects instantiated on individual channels or configured as chains with up to four effects per chain. Route 16 channels of audio I/O via USB or up to eight channels via analog, AES/EBU, or ADAT connections.
Store presets in the internal memory or external USB drives. Algorithm parameters can be adjusted from the front-panel controls, a networked computer, or a MIDI controller. It allows stand-alone operation or plug-in use thanks to compatibility with Mac OS X and AAX Native, Audio Units, and VST plug-in formats.
Eventide H9000 Features
- 16 channels of audio I/O via USB
- Eight channels of audio I/O via analog, AES/EBU, and ADAT
- Two channels audio I/O via S/PDIF
- Three expansion slots enable simple installation of additional I/O cards
- Send, process, and return up to 16 separate channels of individual DAW tracks
- Arrange up to four separate FX chains, each containing up to four separate algorithms routed in series, parallel, and more
- Clock internally or lock to an external clock via BNC word clock I/O
- Versatile preset types allow you to store and recall individual algorithms, FX chains, or entire sessions
- Large color display with convenient controls including a jog wheel, cursor diamond, number pad, multi-function soft keys, and dedicate function keys
- 3-segment LEDs display eight channels of metering information and are always active
- Presets can be loaded from and saved to the internal memory or a USB drive connected to the front- or rear-panel USB ports
- Supports manipulation via MIDI controller connected to a USB or MIDI port
- Includes USB Wi-Fi dongle for easy access and full control via a network-connected computer
- Search for presets by effect, product, instrument, source character, and more
- Custom map parameters and adjust multiple parameters with a single knob
- Tap tempo, set it manually, or lock it to incoming MIDI clock
- Supports control via footswitches and expression pedals
Price and Availability
Eventide H9000 Expandable 16-Channel Effects Processor has been priced at $6,999 and it can be purchased through the Bhphotovideo.com online store.