EIZO officially announced the new ColorEdge CG319X monitor with a 31-inch display and DCI-4K resolution, or 4096×2160 pixels, HDR support and 10-bit panel. It is the natural successor of CG318-4K, which of various characteristics have been updated.
To stand out from its predecessor, this new EIZO ColorEdge CG319X offers support for HLG and PQ to view and edit HDR content. Compared to the SDR, the optimized gamma curve makes images more faithful to reality, closer to how the human eye perceives them in the real world.
Having a monitor with HDR support allows professionals to view content with greater color fidelity during the editing process. As a result, color grading work will be simpler but more precise at the same time.
New EIZO monitor also guarantees coverage of 98% of the DCI-P3 color space and a contrast ratio of around 1500:1. On the other hand, we have no indications regarding the maximum brightness that can be reached from the panel, but it also offers a special anti-reflective coating that allows the display to maintain excellent visibility even when viewed from the side.
In addition to an automatic calibration system that allows the user to have a panel that is always correct from the chromatic point of view, the monitor also offers a sensor for detecting the temperature of the ambient light that allows change the values of gradients, brightness and saturation, in order to always have the most correct image available.
EIZO ColorEdge CG319X Features
- 3D LUT for individual color adjustment on an RGB cubic table
- 10-bit simultaneous display from a 24-bit LUT for smooth color gradations
- DCI-4K resolution at 60 Hz via DisplayPort 1.2 or HDMI input
- Broadcast and cinema preset modes: EBU, Rec. 2020, Rec. 709, SMPTE-C, DCI, PQ, and HLG
- Two DisplayPort and two HDMI inputs
- Ergonomic stand which meets IEC/EN 62368-1
- Light-shielding hood included
- 5-year manufacturer’s warranty
EIZO ColorEdge CG319X professional monitor will be available next month while its pricing yet to be defined.