The XDA-Developers has published beta version links to download MIUI 12 firmware based on the Android 10 or Android 9 operating system (depending on the model) for Xiaomi and Redmi smartphones.
It is worth noting that this firmware is designed for Chinese smartphones, which means that you need to install the firmware via TWRP. The bootloader unlock process does not void the warranty that Xiaomi recently confirmed.
Another fact that should be taken into account before download MIUI 12 beta firmware that it does not have any Google services and the Google Play app store. There are only two options in the list of languages: English and Chinese. This beta version is intended exclusively for those who are eager to get acquainted with the new firmware and, for example, see the Super Wallpaper function.
You can Download MIUI 12 Beta on these smartphones:
- Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Mi 9
- Mi Mix 2
- Mi 10 Pro
- Mi 9 Pro 5G
- Redmi K20/Mi 9T
- Mi 8
- Mi 8 Pro
- Mi 9 SE
- Mi Note 3
- Redmi Note 7/7S
- Mi Max 3 (nitrogen)
- Mi Mix 3 (perseus)
- Redmi K30 5G
- Mi 8 Lite
- POCO X2/Redmi K30 4G
- Mi Mix 2S
- Mi 9 Lite/Mi CC9
- Redmi K20 Pro/Mi 9T Pro
- Mi 6
- Mi 8 SE
- Mi Note 10/Mi CC9 Pro
- Mi 10
- Mi 8 Explorer Edition
- Mi CC9 Meitu Edition
- Redmi Note 7 Pro
- Mi 6X
- Redmi Note 5/Redmi Note 5 Pro
MIUI 12 Changelog
- MIUI 12. Yours alone.
- New: All-new physically-based animation engine with advanced architecture will refresh your device’s look.
- New: Dynamic window technology takes switching screen orientation to a new level.
- Brand new visual design works for all types of content and languages.
- Magazine-level layouts bring important things into the spotlight and make the content structure clear.
- New: MIUI 12 is the first Android-based mobile OS that went through the rigorous enhanced privacy protection testing.
- New: Reset your device ID and control how it’s used based on virtual ID technology.
- New: Grant permissions that will be used only while you’re using an app.
- New: You can also grant permissions just once, and decide again next time a permission is required.
- New: Restrict access to telephony to third party apps.
- New: Return blank messages to the apps that require personal information.
- New: Receive notifications whenever apps record audio, use camera, or access your location.
- New: Use secure sharing to control what additional data is sent along with shared items.
- New: Get comprehensive stats on how apps use permissions in app behavior history.
- New: Visit privacy.miui.com to learn how MIUI protects your privacy.
- Optimization: Apps aren’t allowed to launch other apps in the background now.
AI Call Assistant
- New: Mi AI can answer your calls now!
- New: You can record a customized greeting that will be played to the other person during AI calls.
- New: Customized greetings are also supported for outgoing calls.
- New: All-new Xiaomi Health gives you more options and makes your health stats more accurate.
- New: Put your device next to you before falling asleep to analyze your sleep cycle and record talking and snoring.
- New: You can sync data with supported wearable and smart home devices.
- New: Xiaomi Health can remind you to stand up and move when it detects that you’ve been sitting down for too long.
- New: The app also analyzes your stats and gives you simple health advice.
- New: Swipe down from the upper right corner of your screen to open Control center.
- New: Animated icons are a joy to look at!
- New: Mi Ditto combines dictation and speech output, making mobile devices more convenient for people who have difficulties using conventionally designed smartphones.
- New: Traffic and suggested routes to airports and train stations.
- New: You can track your previous trips now.
- New: Checklists for trips.
- New: Alarms for train arrivals.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: View your SIM balance and mobile data usage stats.
- New: Save frequently used phone numbers to top up balance and buy mobile data later.
- New: Buy SIM cards and services.
- New: Promotional messages are grouped according to their content now.
Status bar, Notification shade
- New: All-new design.
- New: New animations bring the weather from outside directly to your screen.
- New: Security introduces new comprehensive privacy protection mechanisms.
- New: Lite mode simplifies your device and brings essential features up front.
- New: Use the floating shortcut to filter and sort items, as well as switch view.
- New: New layout tailored for landscape orientation is available now.
- New: We added lots of fresh animations that will accompany your actions.
- New: Calendar cards will remind you about important events and anniversaries.
- New: You can create folders with notes now.
- New: New dynamic backgrounds look gorgeous!
- New: Tasks are completed with a satisfying animation now.
- New: Checklists of subtasks make managing your agenda much simpler.
- New: New animations feel natural and refreshing.
- New: Keep your home safe with smart home device alerts.
- New: Binging your favorite shows will be more convenient with our new video toolbox.
- New: Shared family storage plan is available now.