Commodore is a computer and desktop maker company from the 1980s, but then they stopped trading commodities. Recently, two Italian entrepreneurs said that the Commodore is preparing to enter in the Smartphone market worldwide and to create a new smartphone called “Commodore PET” which specially aimed at gamers.
The Commodore PET Smartphone is definitely an Android device will runs Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. The device will feature a 5.5-inch IPS LCD screen with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, it is powered by a 1.7 GHz Mediatek 64-bit Octa-core processor and ARM Mali T760 GPU. It will be available in two different versions such as 2GB of RAM with 16GB of internal memory and 3GB of RAM with 32GB of internal memory. Both devices are also supported external memory card slot and bundled 32GB microSD card.
The Commodore PET features a 13-megapixel rear camera, f/2.0 aperture, Sony sensor and LED flash, while a 8-megapixel front-facing camera with 80-degree wide angle lens to capture a wide group selfies. This is a Dual-SIM smartphone with a 3000mAh battery and Polycarbonate removable plastic back cover.
The Commodore PET will be available in Italy, France, Germany, Poland and also then also continue to expand into the Europe and US. The prices of Commodore PET $300 for 16GB memory + 2GB RAM version and $365 for 32GB memory + 3GB RAM.
Commodore PET Specifications:
- TFT LCD Display of 5.5 inches with IPS, Gorilla Glass 3
- Resolution of 1920×1080 pixels
- Rear Camera of 13 mega pixels
- Front Camera of 8 mega pixels
- Android 5.0 Lollipop operating system
- 1.7 GHz Mediatek 64-bit Octa-core processor
- Mali T760 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM
- Internal memory of 16GB/32GB
- Expandable memory up to 32GB
- Connectivity of 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS, A-GPS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, Micro-USB 2.0
- Battery capacity of 3000mAh