Toshiba has just unveiled a new convertible laptop – Portégé X20W with the battery life up to 16 hours at the CES 2017 exhibition. We have seen many manufacturers introduces its products in advance. Toshiba is also one of them, which arrives at the event with the Toshiba Portégé X20W hybrid laptop with a 12.5 inch touch screen display.
Design of the Portégé X20W laptop is hybrids (convertible) come with a 360-degree, dual-action hinge that allows this device to easily transform from a powerful, performance-oriented notebook into a premium digital inking tablet by simply rotating the display. The operating system is Windows 10 Pro, while the hardware configuration revolves around the seventh-generation Intel Core Kaby Lake processors.
As for the ports, there is a USB-C and one USB 3.0 port for the use with a variety of new and old accessories. On this occasion the company also introduced two different docks connects via USB-C including WiGig Dock6, Toshiba Thunderbolt 3 Dock, and both will be available later this year.
The screen has multi-touch functionality, and also supports TruPen stylus built on Wacom Feel technology with 2,048 levels of pressure sensitivity and Windows Ink support. And yet, the Portégé X20W Toshiba Tablet trackpad has an integrated Synaptics fingerprint sensor for biometric security. Above the screen there are two infrared (IR) cameras to support login with face through Microsoft’s Windows Hello.
At the moment, Toshiba has not reported any accurate info on pricing and availability for its new 2 in 1 Laptop. But it will be available via Microsoft Store in Slate Gray color, and Onyx Blue version that will be sold on Toshiba’s website later this month.
Toshiba Portégé X20W Features
- A 12.5-inch FHD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display, multi-touch, protected by Gorilla Glass 4
- Wacom digitizer (2048 levels of pressure)
- Seventh-generation Intel Core processors (Kaby Lake)
- Stereo speakers from Harman Kardon and DTS Sound software
- A USB Type-C, USB 3.0 port, headphone/mic combo port, USB Type-C port with reversible plug orientation and supports Display, Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps)
- Two front infrared cameras for Windows Hello
- Multi-directional microphones to better support Cortana